Back out of Gamecube Mode?

skidmarx

semi-pro thumb jockey
May 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Wii Online Code
5556-6677-7123-4567
Back out of Gamecube Mode? (new question)

Once you're playing a gamecube game on the wii, is there any way of getting back to the main wii menu? Turning the console off and on gets annoying. Thanks.

Last edited:
Seems this is about the only way to do it. I always eject the game, then press reset. This gets things going again the easiest from my experience.

Sorry, Nothin You an Do... Just Do What WiiBad Said And hat'll be The Quickest Way Of Getting To The Wii Menu. :)

I had a bug where the wii-mote stayed and using the home button I was able to get back just fine.

With that said Nintendo could fix it.

WiiBad said:
Seems this is about the only way to do it. I always eject the game, then press reset. This gets things going again the easiest from my experience.

Same here. It is the fastest way.

PS: StevenNevets that signature is great!

Yeah, you have to restart the console in-order to return to the main menu. When playing GC games, the Wii behaves exactly like a GC, so the Wiimote and other Wii accessories will not work.
So yeah, resetting is the only option.

Now this might sound dumb, but how exactly do you reset? Is it like the ps2 where you just tap the power button for a split second?

You guys are dead right, it's lazyness on Nintendo's part. They should make an update for this feature.

...You just hit the reset button. It should be directly under the power button.

Duh! I forgot there was an extra button on the front. I feel extra dumb now. Thanks anyway.

skidmarx said:
Duh! I forgot there was an extra button on the front. I feel extra dumb now. Thanks anyway.
Ha...sure. That's one of the purposes of this site: "Got questions? We got answers".

Back