Backing Up Wii

Nov 12, 2007
Hello yawl,

I have a new Wii and the systems will not start my Wii Sports CD. There is an error to remove the disc and turn off the system about every other time. I think that it is a Wii hardware problem. I would like to return the system for a new one but am afraid I will lose all the VC games I purchased and am in the middle of. Is there a way to back up the system onto a Wii memory card?

Help me if you please

Yes you can backup your information/saved data.
1)Buy an SD card.
2)Import all your saved games and mii's onto it.
3) Remove any games and the SD card
4) call and send the Wii to Nintnedo
5) Wait for your new functional wii.
6) Enjoy Your new wii

PS: You will not lose any VC games. You can redownload them for free.

I would say yes...But then...It wouldn't be any good. Because each wii has a personal Id..So when you downloaded your VC games it is saved for your wii's id and if they change your wii then you'll surely loose your vc games unless you tell them and they shall pass the info to the new wii.

edit:But if you they just change a hardware part and don't touch the wii´s hd then you're cool..Just save your saved data to sd card and the VC games are redownloadable just if the wii's id is the same.

Last edited:
Plus when they did mine. I didnt lose any wii information. ALL my saved data was how i left it.:yesnod:

So far everyone i know has had a problem with their wii.. Dont worry. If you havent voided the warranty you will get a new wii.

yeah...If you are cool with the warranty then you won't have any problem...You'll a new wii with the ability to redownload your vc games.

Call nintendo and request a new wii sports disc. Tell them it got scratched being taken out of the stupid sleeve they put it in for U.S. models. They will send you a free replacement, then try that before going through all the other hassle. If it's not reading just that game, then I would have to say its not the system.

Back