Backup Gamecube saves on Wii...

Nemix

Frost-bitten
Jul 14, 2006
just wondering if I can backup Gamecube saves onto a SD card on the Wii, cause i'm deciding weather to buy a 251 of 1019 gamecube memory card.

also, how big a average Gamecube saves. e.g.

Wind Waker
Mario Sunshine
Tales of Symphonia

and a bunch more i want to play...

Gamecube games can only be saved on GC memory cards. The games tend to use between 7-14 blocks of game data, although it can be much less, it depends on the game.

got it. but can i backup my Gamecube saves onto the Wii SD card?

like if i buy a 251 card and it's full then can i backup which ever gamecube game saves i'm not currently playing onto Wii SD and delte them off Gamecube memory card for use with other games and when I need them again retrieve them from Wii SD.

sorry don't mean to bash

Last edited:
You cannot place GC game saves onto SD cards. They can be used for Wii game saves and VC game downloads but not for GC games. You need a GC memory card for that.

Thanks.

Guess I'm sticking with 1019 card then... :)

don't mean to bring this topic up again but i think i may have found a way to backup gamecube saves on the wii

I got a SD Gecko lying around not in use right now and after some research found out that you backup gamecube saves to SD on the SD Gecko
course the SD gecko can also transfer saves to gamecube memory & load homebrew apps which is what i bought it for in the first place when i was about to get a gamecube long ago

only reason i'm bringing this up is becuase some muck out bidded me on eBay for the 1019 card which was the official Nintendo card

so now i'm stuck bidding for 2 x 251 cards which i hope I can get for $20 canadian shipped official of course

long story short; SD Gecko will work on the Wii to backup Gamecube saves, transfer saves and run homebrew apps...

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nemix said:
don't mean to bring this topic up again but i think i may have found a way to backup gamecube saves on the wii

I got a SD Gecko lying around not in use right now and after some research found out that you backup gamecube saves to SD on the SD Gecko
course the SD gecko can also transfer saves to gamecube memory & load homebrew apps which is what i bought it for in the first place when i was about to get a gamecube long ago

only reason i'm bringing this up is becuase some muck out bidded me on eBay for the 1019 card which was the official Nintendo card

so now i'm stuck bidding for 2 x 251 cards which i hope I can get for $20 canadian shipped official of course

long story short; SD Gecko will work on the Wii to backup Gamecube saves, transfer saves and run homebrew apps...

:thumbsup:
If thats the case, I wish you all the luck with it. :thumbsup:

Back