Backward compatible Games

RedSteel91

MaddenWii07
Sep 25, 2006
Will all games from the gamecube be compatible for the wii, even the new released games such as:

Fifa 07*
Fight night round 2
Sims 2
Need For speed most wanted
King Kong
etc

I was thinking they would be but you will be unable to use the motion sensing controllers

They should be 99% compatible, the 1% are probably Phantasy Star Online(need GC online adapter) and Zelda 4 Swords(need to connect 4 GBAs to play I think).

For the controller, the Wii will require you to use the GC controller instead. There's rumor that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will even require you to use the GC controller.

Evi1d33d said:
For the controller, the Wii will require you to use the GC controller instead. There's rumor that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will even require you to use the GC controller.

that is cool

Good For all those Sports Fans who like Fifa and Nba which may not be released for the wii

Evi1d33d said:
They should be 99% compatible, the 1% are probably Phantasy Star Online(need GC online adapter) and Zelda 4 Swords(need to connect 4 GBAs to play I think).

i thought Nintendo already stated they would be using the GC controller for SSBB?
cause i just think it would be kind of hard with the wiimote to do something like that, interesting, but hard

RedSteel91 said:
Good For all those Sports Fans who like Fifa and Nba which may not be released for the wii
I hope they are realeased for the wii! i love those games ( fifa anyway ) surely they will bring them out and you just have to use the GC controler.

I'm sure you can play Brawl with the Wii-mote. It's not like nintendo to remove compatibility altogether. What about the "non-gamers" who buy the Wii, and then buy SSBB? Will they be completely unable to play the game without going out and buying a GC controller or the Classic shell ? Seems like, if they were going to do it that way, they would include the classic shell with the game.

Back