Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bad lock up during Wii Sports Boxing

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by miiplaywii, Nov 24, 2006.

1. miiplaywii

miiplaywii WiiChat Member

Hello,
    well I was just started playing Wii Sports Boxing for the first time. I got my skill to about 575 (its way too easy so far) when it appeared that I punched my opponent's fist at the same time she did and the system froze. Now heres the bad part, it froze with the rumble on full so after hitting a few buttons I decide to turn off the console. It wont turn off! So I take a battery out of the remote to stop the rumble and try a hard shut down. After holding the power for 5 seconds it turned off and a red LED came on. This is the first nintendo console that wont turn off when it locks up. has anyone had a lock up this bad?

2. Prez

Prez SeƱor Prez

Wii Friend Code: 9004-9974-6002-5074
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    yea mine froze up once while entering the Wii Shop. I tried to turn it off for a while (must have been 10+ minutes) but eventually holding down the power button worked fine, and no harm done.

3. registerednerd

registerednerd Wii online moderator

This is the first not to turn off, but it's also the first to have a soft switch. Most of them, the power button would phyisically disconnect the power from the system, with the Wii the button only sends a signal to the motherboard that says "hey, turn off." But in a lock-up situation, these often don't work.