Bad News Argos Pre-Orderers!

MetroidZ said:
damn, its looking bad for me. no preorder and I'm gonna go looking for one at launch.

Heard on the internet grapevine, whsmiths might be a good start. But dont tell anybody else. or tescos at midnight

Paul237 said:
Ah okay. Judging by the other Argos thread, it doesn't look like they've been allocated on a first come, first serve basis anyway.

Well technically speaking it is, as for every pre-order made, a console is allocated to them, so therefore everyone who got a successful pre-order, should recieve one on launch day. However, if there are problems with shortage of systems, i can almost guarantee you, they wll be sent based on who pre-ordered them first, make sense?

Hi all, found this on another site i visit.

ARGOS UPDATE

They were expecting 22,000 units on Friday and will receive only 18,000.

They blamed Nintendo strongly by name. They say other retailers will be affected too.

Allocation is according to location not date of order.

5 distribution depots are affected: Swindon, Notts, Preston, Warrington and one other.

They are expecting all orders to be fulfilled in the next two weeks - but could not 'guarantee' they'd all be fulfilled before Christmas.

sheppy124 said:
Heard on the internet grapevine, whsmiths might be a good start. But dont tell anybody else. or tescos at midnight
Oh, I don't have a tesco that sells electronics near my house. I might check the others. there is a GAME not far from my house, I went their with my mates earlier today and it still had pre-order posters for the Wii. I hope they still got some.

Qual said:

ARGOS UPDATE

They blamed Nintendo strongly by name. They say other retailers will be affected too.

5 distribution depots are affected: Swindon, Notts, Preston, Warrington and one other.

They are expecting all orders to be fulfilled in the next two weeks - but could not 'guarantee' they'd all be fulfilled before Christmas.

Thanks for the info. Are you sure that it's accurate, though? Surely they will receive their units before Friday, as they'll need to be sending them out tomorrow at the latest?

no my info is purely copied from another site, so take it with a pinch of salt, but it may be something to ask them if you get the call

Aye, I never know what to believe to be honest! Judging by the posts in this thread, it's pointless calling Argos anyway as they're giving out mixed messages. I might try tomorrow, though, as they should definitely know the situation by then.

Qual said:

ARGOS UPDATE

Bullshit, don't go spreading crap about Ninty.

hope it is BS but as with all the forums right now, people are looking for scraps of info

Very confusing, I've just replied on the sticky at the top of this forum as I've been told tonight when I called Argos that if I've not had a phone call then I should be getting mine on Friday and told me that my area get deliveres 1pm-6pm (Teesside).

Fellow member Grimbo (Chester-le-street) got the call today to say his is delayed.

Back