Bad News for GameStation Pre-orders

Spinal33

WiiChat Member
Dec 8, 2006
Went this morning to get my Wii and they didn't have it in stock (even though I preordered AGES ago and was told it WOULD be in on the 8th). I complained and I got a disclaimed shoved into my face, charming... Complained via email and got this... anyone else in this situation?:mad5:

Hi ******,
Thank you for your email. All Pre-Orders made at a Gamestation Store up to the date of the 29th of November are guaranteed for Christmas. The Pre-Order system works from a National Database with Consoles allocated to customer in chronological order by date of Pre-Order. The Pre-Order is in place to ensure that you will receive your console before Gamestation puts the units on free sale to customers. As stated on the Pre-Order form filled in at the time of Pre-Order, Gamestation will make every effort to contact you when your console is available. I can assure you that Gamestation is making every effort to ensure that customers receive their consoles as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Matt Ellerton
(Customer Services)

Bummer. I say you bug the sh** out of them until christmas (even if you get it before :D)

Silent-Sniper said:
Hah my Gamestation is getting like 300 in :D

You might want to try calling the GameStation central office...
0845 345 0335

Just was on the phone with them (again) and they are saying that its going to be EXTREMELY hard for any retail store to get any within a few days and its going to be a week... :mad5: :yikes: Someone PLEASE let me touch one at least!

Spinal33 said:
You might want to try calling the GameStation central office...
0845 345 0335

Just was on the phone with them (again) and they are saying that its going to be EXTREMELY hard for any retail store to get any within a few days and its going to be a week... :mad5: :yikes: Someone PLEASE let me touch one at least!

The next batch at my GS is early next week :)

same thing happened to me today. i didnt have any college, so i got up early to go get it. a friend said it was wise to phone and check. i did, they said if i didnt recieve a phone call earlier this week, i wouldnt have it from their first allocation. so now, i have to wait upto 7 days. Not impressed at all. I even booked the day off work tomorrow to play it. So im going to just wait, but i will complain. i mean, why take more orders than they can fulfil on the day of release.

i wish i went to GAME now, but i have always like Gamestation more, so i went to them insted. Its gonna take something extreme to get my faith back in Gamestation

When I pre-ordered, game still was open for pre-orders... bah, I too wish I had gone to Game (or play.com for that matter! I've heard of ppl receiving the consoles on the 8th from them thanks to fast couriers!)

If you do complain (I did), make sure you also post a complaint with the ASA; GS seemed not to really care that I was complaining to them...
http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/complaints_form/

The ASA regulate advertising, and GS had some VERY misleading advertising with their whole "PREORDER TODAY""RELEASE DATE 8th DECEMBER" thing...

Silent-Sniper said:
Also they take more orders so people can pre order DURR, I mean think about it, pre order the first batch then the second batch in 2 days, it would be chaos.

Quick add on. No, it wouldn't be chaos, it would be a normal LEGAL maket. Preorder's would be for the people who DESPERATELY want it on the 8th. Once those are finished, people will get them 2 days later by simply going to the shop... doesn't take a Vulcan to figure this one out... I stand very FIRMLY by my statement that GS mislead me, and if I can find enough people in a similar situation, I really do hope to raise a ruckus. (Starting with the ASA, and possibly moving onto bigger things... )

Back