Banjo Kazooie 3 "Won't Be A Traditional Platformer"

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
banjo_3_scribes.jpg

In the latest Scribes section at the official Rare web site, a Banjo Kazooie fan pesters the staff for details on the announced, but as yet unseen, Banjo Threeie hoping for a 3D platforming adventure to carry the torch. Rare may have dashed his hopes, as the word from on high says that "Banjo won't be a shooter [...] but it also won't be a traditional platformer."

They didn't elaborate much on what the next Banjo's "different take on the genre" but it sounds like the team at Rare is trying something new. On the multiplayer front, the Scribes columnist writes "We aren't in the business of crushing little boys' dreams so your multiplayer hopes will be answered. The 'new direction' that Banjo is taking should offer a multiplayer experience unique to anything currently available."

Yeah, yeah, how about showing the thing already? Can we agree that GDC is a good time? I'll take your silence as confirmation, Rare.

Source

I just hope this game will be as great as the first one!

sounds great!
maybe i need to save up for a 360... it would be worth it for a banjo kazooie game

:shocked:

Multiplayer!?

Blasted youth ]:
All they want is "online online online online."

Better not ruin the gameplay that I remember from the good old 64 days.

AVAST!
According to the post below, the 2nd one had multiplayer (didn't get around to that one D: )
Sothatkindamakesmypostsortofuseless.

Not a traditional 3D platformer adventure!? :sad: I was probably going to get a 360 for this game, I might wait on that.

i really really hope they dont change very much with this game. the first one kicked ass. i dont want them to change the gameplay style. i really hope it turns out to be the same. im really looking foward to this game.

It's a game where you build your own /design your own race car or something, it's kinda like an RPG or platformer with a race theme.

I know someone who works for rare, he wasn't very clear, obviously can't say much, but that's the jist of it that I got.
Think it's like you have parts for different tasks and need to design it to pass an area and weird crap.

Last edited:
This could actually be a good thing because platformers are dying :p

People don't like them as much as before, the only people who really still love them alot are the Nintendo hardcores or people who really loved the old Banjo Kazooie.

I liked the old Banjo, but the fact for me is... platformers are boring for me now. They're always so easy and simplistic it lacks anything that overcome. But thats just me...

T3kNi9e said:
People don't like them as much as before, the only people who really still love them alot are the Nintendo hardcores or people who really loved the old Banjo Kazooie.
I think I'd fit in both those categories.

pro gamer said:
Banjo Kazooie was made before rachet and clank.

lol so hes saying a Ratchet and Clank type game so it doesn't matter which came out first it would be a different kind of Banjo Kazooie

banjo game were great, but i predict they are going a little ut of hand with this.

please oh please keep it traditional

I doubt it will "stay traditional" since I've seen what Microsoft did with Conker:

188.jpg

To:

674.jpg

Good luck staying traditional Rare & Microsoft...

Back