Baseball Definately the hardest of the lot

AussieWii

Banned
Dec 16, 2006
Well after almost a week of playing only Baseball in Wii Sports im now at 923points :cornut:

Im so close now
Things ive noticed

#1 my arm is absoulutely killing me :cryin:
#2 when i hit a flyball, the wii's team can and do jump 10 foot (relative to scale) to catch the ball and get me out, whilst my fielders wait for the ball to go past them by inchs and then fall over :mad2:
#3 the wiis pitcher seems to be able to get much more swing out of the ball than i can and seems to throw a lot of what would of been balls but i cant help myself from hitting them anyway only to either miss all together or end up either out or foul balling
#4 and this is the one that pisses me off the most :incazzato:
when the fielders get you out by either catching you or throwing the ball to firsty base, they pause and look staight at you just for a moment, as if to say "in your face dirtbag" or "sit on that and rotate" or "suffer in ya jocks"

every time they do that i want to get them by the neck and smash their smartarse little faces in :mad5:

im a pro in tennis and bowling
i expect to turn pro today in baseball when i get home from work
i think then ill go for pro on boxing, im halfway there
then finally Golf, i havnt put much time into golf but im good at it so im hoping it wont be to hard

wii sports is a great game :cornut:

can anyone tell me if you get a upgraded bat when you turn pro in baseball like you do when you go pro in bowling (new ball) ???

No Upgrades when you get to Pro.

Do you know that you can pitch inside/outside of the plate by using the D-Pad? It took me awhile to figure that out...and it helped a lot to get me over the pro line. Also its very important to be able to recognize splitters (no spin) and lay off them.

Some things to think about:

- It's a game, cool it.
- For a 93 mph fastball, flick your arm quickly.
- You can use different pitches by preesing: A, B or A+B

at the very least i would expect a new Bat when i turn pro :cryin:

what is it with the world these days :zzz:

I hear ya'. I have a lot of trouble with baseball. I suck so bad at it. It just seems that I can never get teh timing down when hitting. I've never once hit a home run :-(

Wiily Good said:
I also hate how I can't bowl over 153kph and then some Mii pitcher bowls one at 163kph. What is with that?

My pitching falls into the 145-152mph (max i hit is 155mph) range, i just keep the wiimote upright above my shoulder and do a quick powerful flick and it just flies out at full speed. Have you lot tried pitching it from the side by pressing the 2 button(or was it the 1 button),

And i also find it annoying that when i hit the ball and it lands a bit short of the home run that theres a fielder there to catch the ball, but when the computer hits at the same place i have no fielders there to catch the ball :(
Also what really ticked me off today was i was winning 9-8 on the third inning, and i had 2 outs allready and the batter had 2 strikes to his name so i threw a splitter then the **** hit it diagonally so it was rolling along the diamond line all the way to the end and i was like hoping it would cross the line and go foul, but it didn't and he got a double :( then the next guy got a homer and so i lost 9-10 :(

Anyone got any tips on batting by the way? as i cant seem to be able to hit screwballs and tips on recognising when a splitter will be thrown so i dont swing so i can get a ball lol? and when i should bunt?

It's awkward... I just don't seem to be able to own that came. Whenever I hit the ball, a NPC jumps 3 metres and catches it immeadiatly. When my elder brother plays it once in a month, however, he wins 12:0, Mercy rule.

Back