Baseball is stupid.

Shantei

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2006
I get so bloody annoyed with that ****ing game. It's stupid. I'm at score 500 and they throw the balls in such a stupid way either they are throwing them directly at my batter so when I swing it's impossible to hit it, or so far away I can't hit it either. Also for some reason everytime I do hit it it's a pathetic shot which doesn't go beyond the front players and get caught out. And if I do manage to get a good hit, theres some little twat prick below it about 5 minutes before it lands and catches me out. And one time when I hit it a player sprinted right towards it so fast it was unfair. My players never do that. If anyone can tell me how to make it easier then I'm afraid that game is full of bullshit.

Well, if you hit the inward or outward thorws, it's gonna be a pathetic swing. But if you don't swing, they'll be balls.

Four balls means a walk -- let them points add up!

I love how a game is only stupid when your not good at it. I'm a pro and I love it.

Shantei said:
I get so bloody annoyed with that ****ing game. It's stupid. I'm at score 500 and they throw the balls in such a stupid way either they are throwing them directly at my batter so when I swing it's impossible to hit it, or so far away I can't hit it either. Also for some reason everytime I do hit it it's a pathetic shot which doesn't go beyond the front players and get caught out. And if I do manage to get a good hit, theres some little twat prick below it about 5 minutes before it lands and catches me out. And one time when I hit it a player sprinted right towards it so fast it was unfair. My players never do that. If anyone can tell me how to make it easier then I'm afraid that game is full of bullshit.

Same here! Most of the time I can hit it quite far then there is some stupid generic mii who catches it! Grrrr :mad5:

If the ball is being thrown towards your body etc then just don't swing. In baseball the pitcher is supposed to pitch the balls through an imaginary box next to the batter. If the ball is thrown outwith this box and the batter doesn't swing then its a 'ball'. If 4 'balls' are thrown then the batter gets to 'walk' to first base. Any runner on 1st base at the time will walk to 2nd base and so on.
The game starts of (ie with low skill points) by pretty much throwing legal balls all the time. But as the skill point rise they try catch you out by pitching balls and hoping you'll swing

Shantei said:

calm down m8:nono: its only a game.
i like that game.
and if you cant hit the balls let them go past without swinging.:D

Well you just said Bloody... that pretty much gave it away that you have no idea what the hell you are doing:arf:

As a non american I can say I have never really played baseball. When I first played the game on the Wii I though god this is impossible and the game is bugged much like Shantie says... HOWEVER. I then spent much time on the baseball pratice games and learnt how to actually hit the ball. Once I got that right the game became very much fun :)

I suggest you do the same Shantie.

Raz

Shantei said:

Dude, I think it's just 'cause you're not good at it:wink:

Yeah, maybe you just suck. It's too bad they only go to 5 untill they beg for mercy or else i would have broken double digits by now (high score: 8 before mercy)

Razoola said:
As a non american I can say I have never really played baseball. When I first played the game on the Wii I though god this is impossible and the game is bugged much like Shantie says... HOWEVER. I then spent much time on the baseball pratice games and learnt how to actually hit the ball. Once I got that right the game became very much fun :)

I suggest you do the same Shantie.

Raz
Bloody Baseball is bloody fun, ehy mate?
Ouff, that was just a little off.

But ya I'm sure if I was playing a sport you guys have and we didn't like ughmmm (no clue) then I'd think it was messed up too.

Heh, just wait till you're all struggling to play Wii Cricket... then you'll all be saying 'bloody this' and 'bloody that'. You wait and see ;)

I happen to like the baseball game. Here's a cheat for you. If you sit down in front of your TV, hold the wii-mote straight up then swing down you'll swing the bat just like if you were taking a real baseball swing(Lazy man's way!). I prefer to stand up in a normal baseball batting stance but its up to you. Just get the timing down, once you get that then you'll be hitting the ball all over the park.

Back