Batallion Wars 2

MztikalAce

exstatic Wii Fan
Nov 24, 2006
London
Wii Online Code
3255-1307-9630-5972
Hey guys im wondering is it going to be worth it to get, when it comes out feb 15th? Im into the whole advance wars series but never played batallion wars 1. And since i aint heard much on it thought i should ask, i looked up release dates and it said it was released in America on october.

It's good and it actually has good effects. Graphics wise you;ll see this in the first stage... it even has rain drops on the camera lens. It seems to use some for of normal mapping also so the detail in the ships are great! Also too it's like advances war except you get to decide what you unit is going to attack and actually control the attack. The whole thing is great and many people should try this out. It's like quake wars but better and simple because you have boats battle ship , subs, planes, bazooka battalions and the list goes on! And it is online and the online does work! The only thing it needs is a level editor which I'm sure will come out in the next version. If you have advance wars you have to try this one out. In the future they may actually mix the two a little who knows?

I just got it yesterday, actually. First, I'll disagree with Witness on the graphics. They are certainly acceptable, but they're only marginally better than the first game, which was on the Gamecube.

Aside from that, the game is quite fun. It is pretty easy, though, especially in comparison to the first game, which was brutally frustrating at times. Now I just have to hop online, which is where the game is supposed to shine.

Still, I can't help but feel that the game could have easily been so much better. More/different online modes (such as a skirmish mode more similar to that in the Advance Wars games) would have helped. An economy system (ala Advance Wars) as well as more control over unit production would have taken the game a long way.

Still, it's not bad for what it is. Hopefully, BW3 will be much better.

Atomheart said:
I just got it yesterday, actually. First, I'll disagree with Witness on the graphics. They are certainly acceptable, but they're only marginally better than the first game, which was on the Gamecube.

Aside from that, the game is quite fun. It is pretty easy, though, especially in comparison to the first game, which was brutally frustrating at times. Now I just have to hop online, which is where the game is supposed to shine.

Still, I can't help but feel that the game could have easily been so much better. More/different online modes (such as a skirmish mode more similar to that in the Advance Wars games) would have helped. An economy system (ala Advance Wars) as well as more control over unit production would have taken the game a long way.

Really? I have the GC game also?

I think you can see the difference pretty well? I also went to the gallery to scoop out all of the models... really nice work they did on this one.
GC version
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/676/676364/img_3033381.html
Wii version
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/849/849911/img_5026139.html

Yea I only recently found out the unit production isnt like advance wars! I instantly felt disapointed and though: Hhmm I might even get this on release-day! But hey! I still am and lets hope BWIII gets it right :p

WiitnessID said:
It's good and it actually has good effects. Graphics wise you;ll see this in the first stage... it even has rain drops on the camera lens. It seems to use some for of normal mapping also so the detail in the ships are great! Also too it's like advances war except you get to decide what you unit is going to attack and actually control the attack. The whole thing is great and many people should try this out. It's like quake wars but better and simple because you have boats battle ship , subs, planes, bazooka battalions and the list goes on! And it is online and the online does work! The only thing it needs is a level editor which I'm sure will come out in the next version. If you have advance wars you have to try this one out. In the future they may actually mix the two a little who knows?

When you say actually control the attack what do you mean

MztikalAce said:
When you say actually control the attack what do you mean

You actually (have to) take control of any unit in your squad. You then direct units around from that units perspective.

Anyway, as far as the game, I'd ONLY buy the game if you can play online. If you're only getting it for the single player, it's not worth a buy. I seriously finished the game in 3 days. It's only about a 10 hour campaign. Although, you can go back and play missions for better rankings, but there's not much point (and getting all S ranks would make you want to kill yourself). The single player is only so-so too; it's a bit too linear with series of small skirmishes rather than big, all-out battles. It is still fun, nevertheless.

I'd agree with IGN and give the game an 8.0.

Getting S ranking are needed for some online competition. The follow command is great too if you are good. Follow with some splintering and cover fire is so sweet! Your not good until you are unstoppable! Really I want a part two with full on advances wars type of battles with 32 by 32 grid maps. The game is such a good concept it should not be over looked. A map editor on the next one would be so sweet! Darker theme would get more people into it also I think. Seriously those two studio should trade ideas and help each other out.

i love the game, i bought it a few months ago

Atomheart said:

Agreed on the control over unit production part. Ive never played any of the advanced wars games as i have never boughten a gay ass handeld ever. I prefer actual gaming.

i've never played the advance wars series as i have a psp and not a DS

Dkw0101 said:

Actually, as far as i know, the original Advance Wars came out on the Game Boy Advance.

Dkw0101 said:

i wouldnt compare advanced wars to battalion wars 2 because advance wars is more turn based.

Back