Batallion Wars 2

Dorkfish said:
Actually, as far as i know, the original Advance Wars came out on the Game Boy Advance.

well how was i supposed to know!!!!!!!!

WiitnessID said:
Getting S ranking are needed for some online competition. The follow command is great too if you are good. Follow with some splintering and cover fire is so sweet! Your not good until you are unstoppable! Really I want a part two with full on advances wars type of battles with 32 by 32 grid maps. The game is such a good concept it should not be over looked. A map editor on the next one would be so sweet! Darker theme would get more people into it also I think. Seriously those two studio should trade ideas and help each other out.

Getting S ranks in the campaigns unlocks multiplayer stuff? What? As far as I know, in order to unlock multiplayer maps, you need to just play them a certain number of times online, which is an interesting concept.

s ranks in campaign just gives you bonus content, you do need to play a certain amount of time to unlock maps in multiplayer

It looked fun to me but when I got it just isn't what I thought, a little to much strategy, It's okay but I wouldn't pay 50 for it, probably only 30 dollars IMO.

You're luck you only have to wait until Feb 15th, March 21st is the Australian release date :sick: . Hopefully Gametraders gets it in early.

BW2 is alright, it's good fun but the single player mode is far too shallow and linear, simple. Multiplayer is where all the fun is at, however, many players online will just disconnect if they find that they are playing with a new player (on co-op), and on versus modes, it can be a bit hard for a new player to immediately compete. I know because I went online when I was new to the game... That said, it's still a great game, mixes strategy and third person shooting, and the variety of units that are useable makes for good variety. Probably one of the better third-party games out there for Wii.

JLU51396 said:
It looked fun to me but when I got it just isn't what I thought, a little to much strategy, It's okay but I wouldn't pay 50 for it, probably only 30 dollars IMO.

TOO MUCH strategy? No way. The game has always be described as strategy lite by pretty much everyone. The game has very little strategy and tactics, especially online.

It's really nothing special in my opinion... Wifi was a let down with not a lot of modes and only 2 armies fighting at once, and single player wasn't that much fun either.

I used to think this game was great, but my opinion changed quickly as dust great on the game. I've traded it in a while ago and not regretted it since.

As an old time PC RTS game player...

I'm looking forward to this game!

Don't really care for online playing just the single player.

Might just rent it first though.

GeezerGuy said:
As an old time PC RTS game player...

I'm looking forward to this game!

Don't really care for online playing just the single player.

Might just rent it first though.

You probably won't care for it. If you're coming in with expectations that it'll be ANYTHING like a true RTS game like you'd find on the PC, you'll be sorely disappointed. It's much more of an action game with very lite strategy. There is no resource gathering or base building. There is a bit of unit production...sort of. You basically capture pre-existing factories, and those factories then spit out pre-determined units to replace your units that die.

The game is certainly fun, but it'd be a HUGE disappointment if you're expecting a good RTS game.

Atomheart said:
TOO MUCH strategy? No way. The game has always be described as strategy lite by pretty much everyone. The game has very little strategy and tactics, especially online.

I found the Campaign mode too difficult in certain aspects of its play, The camera had some things to do with it.

It's just not my type of game.

manufan15 said:
It's really nothing special in my opinion... Wifi was a let down with not a lot of modes and only 2 armies fighting at once, and single player wasn't that much fun either.

I used to think this game was great, but my opinion changed quickly as dust great on the game. I've traded it in a while ago and not regretted it since.

I know, DP.

I feel similar in your opinion, although I haven't traded mine in yet.

JLU51396 said:
I know, DP.

I feel similar in your opinion, although I haven't traded mine in yet.

Actually, you don't like the game, because your (as you admitted) not good at the game. The dude you quoted finished, played it a bunch, and got sick of it. Not the same thing...

I think the game will be amazing! I havent played any Advance Wars or Battalion Wars 1 yet after seeing trailers and screenshots of the game want it more than any other title going to be released this year, well, except Super Smash Bros. Brawl :smilewinkgrin: . I recommend you get it as it will be a great game, well in my opinion!

Back