Battle Royale!!!

Both films and the Tshirt
you can call me a fan

The book is really different than the movie, I think it is the Japanese writing style. I heard that some American director is making an American version battle royale. I'm looking forward to see that though I'm sure that It will be nowhere as good at the Japanese one.

im_a_super_smash_bro said:
The book is really different than the movie, I think it is the Japanese writing style. I heard that some American director is making an American version battle royale. I'm looking forward to see that though I'm sure that It will be nowhere as good at the Japanese one.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad5: :mad5:

You just know they're going to turn it into another cheesy, clichéd load of **** that completely misses the point of the original (like the recent Wicker Man remake, for example).

Americans- please, leave the cult classics alone!

The us should stop remakin jap films

There rubbish at it
But newer us horror films a rubbish anyway

I have read the book and watched the film.

the only way I am watching the american version is if it is a documentary. :lol:

the american version wouldn't work unless the director SERIOUSLY puts in alot of Patriot act themes in it. the point of the japanese version - (explained alot in the book.) is that Asia was a communist state controlled by the government (whos leader may be dead and it is being controlled by a shadow government.) with no freedom and all the kids liked american music. (rock & roll.)

haven't watched the second movie don't plan on watching it unless it is on TV or something.

little factoid: all the kids are named after Japanese Wrestlers.

im reading the book and writing an essay about it right now. weird.

Shaded Spriter said:
the american version wouldn't work unless the director SERIOUSLY puts in alot of Patriot act themes in it. the point of the japanese version - (explained alot in the book.) is that Asia was a communist state controlled by the government (whos leader may be dead and it is being controlled by a shadow government.) with no freedom and all the kids liked american music. (rock & roll.)
Err, you're missing the part where the youth of Japan are basically being lazy and truanting. The whole point of the BR act is to get kids to go to school so that if their class gets picked, they'd have a fighting chance to be the one whom wins. (although I have no idea where the 'communist state' statement comes from. Maybe the Americans dubbed it differently?

Squall7 said:
Err, you're missing the part where the youth of Japan are basically being lazy and truanting. The whole point of the BR act is to get kids to go to school so that if their class gets picked, they'd have a fighting chance to be the one whom wins. (although I have no idea where the 'communist state' statement comes from. Maybe the Americans dubbed it differently?

I don't know...maybe viz did translate it wrong...or maybe I read the communist angle in myself...

Back