Beautiful Katamari Cancelled For PS3. Heading To Wii!

Thundercun7

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
6847-9373-0836-0292
Yet more news for Sony as another developer/publisher has packed up and left them crying in the corner. I love the Wii but you have got to feel sorry for Sony at the moment with all the bad press and companies walking away from development. Lets hope they see some good things in the future as competition is healthy.

The rumors have come true as Famitsu has confirmed that Beautiful Katamari has been cancelled for the PS3 and is heading to the Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360.

This news is sure to disappoint many fan as the PlayStation 2 is where the Katamari franchise was born to begin with. Namco reportedly had programming problems with the PS3 version which is what is being blamed for the cancellation.

At least its comin out on 360/wii

To Bad PSTHREEEEEE owners

eh I dont really care for Katamari. However...programming issues for the PS3...I recall the same issue with Elder Scrolls. I wonder whats the problem, I wish they'd give us details!

---Brian--- said:
Never heard of it lol:lol:

It's not really the game that is the issue. its that this represents a larger threat to PS3 gaming in general. That the PS3 could lose developers due to the difficulty of programming games for it.
Unfortunately there's vwry little S\ny can do about this issue, the only way i can see them preventing developers being turned off programming for the PS3 is to establish closer relationships with 2nd and 3rd party developers. Something that Nintendo has excelled at with the release of the Nintendo Wii. Perhaps Nintendo took a few pointers from Sony and now Sony needs to progress along with Nintendo.

Anywhoo, what do you lot think?:wink:

Back