Belkin 54g

Rampage25

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2007
Hi, I'm having trouble with the wifi connection. It seems that when I use the wii, I'm able to connect to the internet on and off. The wii is connected to the internet at times, but at times it isnt connected. Is the reason that I have trouble connecting online is because that I am using the Belking 54g wireless router with a 2.4 GHz frequency???

A LOT of people have complained not being able to go online on the Wii using a Belkin router. So, I suspect that is your problem because it is not compatible. I myself have a Belkin 54g and am unable to connect, so I'm selling it now on eBay and getting a new, non-Belkin one...lol...For some people, removing the encryption/security has worked, so you might want to try that, but then obviously you won't have a secure network and anyone (neighbors, etc.) can use your wireless connection.

Belkin and Netgear, while being well-known names, don't make the highest-quality stuff. They thrive on name-recognition, and profit off it by selling over-priced stuff that is average to lower quality than what else is out there. Think BOSE, Sony, Norton/Symantec, etc.

If you want quality home network hardware from a company with real support, look to companies like Buffalo Technology.

I have a Belkin and mine works great. Check everything like the SSID (i think its called that) and the security like the WEP or WPA is correct, if you have any on it. My router is really close to my Wii so putting closer might help.

sremick said:
Belkin and Netgear, while being well-known names, don't make the highest-quality stuff. They thrive on name-recognition, and profit off it by selling over-priced stuff that is average to lower quality than what else is out there. Think BOSE, Sony, Norton/Symantec, etc.

If you want quality home network hardware from a company with real support, look to companies like Buffalo Technology.

So, do you have like any suggestions to what router I should get???

Try doing a wired connection IF you can!
I sometimes loose internet Connection too and i have a Belkin one too, it might be the 54g model not sure, because I'm @ work at the moment, but my problem is down to my isp not my router, you might have the same problem, try unplugging your adsl/cable modem directly from the wall, wait about 2 mins and plug in again, otherwise contact your isp. Also check if the net still work's on you pc, if they both ain't working you know its you modem/isp, if your pc's net is working and the wii aint, try reseting the router the same way if not then it probably is some router setting.

Belkin is a good brand, and you can get fault's with even Sony brands, just try going to the retailer for assistance/Belkin hotline.
Basically make purchasing a new router your last option.

Back