Best Band Of All Time

I'm gonna have to say the Red Hot Chili Peppers are one of the best also.

Not because they're really that influential or anything, but because everybody seems to like them despite them being an unpopular genre(funk-rock). Seldom do you see somebody who hates RHCP.
vashivihan said:
jim was the original bad boy of rock and roll.
Wasn't that Elvis?

The guys who played the music to Frank Sinatra's songs.

Lynyrd Skynyrd were and still are a very influential band with alot of good songs
also any bluegrass band (the simplicity of a washtub bass, a banjo, and a fiddle are amazing but bring about good results) EXAMPLE:
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=icMTVV5Lwaw[/MEDIA]
well, there's no washtub but you get the point...

Last edited:
vashivihan said:
i would say the doors because jim morrison gave the world the standard image of a rocker: suave, mysterious, cool, druggy and the list goes on. also jimmy hendrix. i think beatles are overrated very badly.

I agree with the Jim Morrison reason. I read No One Here Gets Out Alive his bio. really good book. (I know that might not be the exact title but it's something along the lines of that). But how are the Beatles over rated? They made amazing songs, even there less known ones are good and deep. Sure they were the Fab Four, the biggest music group of the 20th century, that makes an easy target for an "over rated" comment. You can't just say they were over rated because they had a massive fan base, hit songs and one of the best albums ever made (Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Rolling Stone Magazine stated). The Beatles were talented, they started a whole new generation of music and a generation within it's self. Plus a lot of bands that did get famous by the late Beatles' era that were heavily influenced by them, such as the early Pink Floyd as just one example. So you can't just call one of the most successful bands ever, over rated. They were successful for a reason, and it wasn't from over played songs.

Floydd said:
I agree with the Jim Morrison reason. I read No One Here Gets Out Alive his bio. really good book. (I know that might not be the exact title but it's something along the lines of that). But how are the Beatles over rated? They made amazing songs, even there less known ones are good and deep. Sure they were the Fab Four, the biggest music group of the 20th century, that makes an easy target for an "over rated" comment. You can't just say they were over rated because they had a massive fan base, hit songs and one of the best albums ever made (Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Rolling Stone Magazine stated). The Beatles were talented, they started a whole new generation of music and a generation within it's self. Plus a lot of bands that did get famous by the late Beatles' era that were heavily influenced by them, such as the early Pink Floyd as just one example. So you can't just call one of the most successful bands ever, over rated. They were successful for a reason, and it wasn't from over played songs.
well if u read my post, it says i think beatels are overrated very badly. it my opinion. u dont necessarily have to agree.

vashivihan said:
well if u read my post, it says i think beatels are overrated very badly. it my opinion. u dont necessarily have to agree.

Yeah I know. I just want to maybe change your opinion from Very Badly to just maybe over rated, or "I just don't really like The Beatles". It's true not everyone likes The Beatles, and I respect that.

Floydd said:
Yeah I know. I just want to maybe change your opinion from Very Badly to just maybe over rated, or "I just don't really like The Beatles". It's true not everyone likes The Beatles, and I respect that.

u want me to change my opinion? u dictator!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

i still think beatles are over rated.

and chewy, i meant rock not rock and roll

vashivihan said:
u want me to change my opinion? u dictator!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

i still think beatles are over rated.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Haha.

Floydd said:
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Haha.

look at our sigs. i have the doors, u have beatles. four members in each. both are in black and white (kinda). coincidence? i think not. i think we were meant for something greater.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :yesnod:

Tom Jones: Without him, we wouldn't have the Carlton Dance

(lol, jk around)

Back