Best Band Of All Time

Pelgor said:
BTW Beatles suck

Like SkullKid said it was the 60's. There weren't any screamo/emo bands back then. Not to mention the music style was just in a slow shift, with Bob Dylan's folk wave in New York. The Beatles came out with a new style music practically which launched the whole hippie era, enforcing many bands to go main stream like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Ramones etc. And in most cases those bands enforced a even bigger transition in music, giving you 80's bands like Van Halen, and the rest. Next came the grunge era, and in which (Said by Nirvana's front man Kurt Cobain) was influenced by the late 60's to mid 70's and 80's hard rock. And then you can just see what grunge did, splitting off into the more slower grungier style, and the more up beat emoish/sreamoish stuff. The Beatles didn't suck, if they did how'd they become the most famous band to walk America? Not to mention in a way they enforced your precious Alexisonfire to come about. You gotta' know the history before you start saying time changing bands like The Beatles suck. Not to mention their album Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band got voted best album of all time by Rolling Stone not to mention won Grammies for Album of The Year, Best Album Cover/Graphic, Best Engineered Recording (Non Classical), Contemporary Album. Got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, and got an award for the Most Definitive Rock and Roll Album. While lately I only saw Crisis get nominated for a Canadian Juno.

Last edited:
Floydd said:
Like SkullKid said it was the 60's. There weren't any screamo/emo bands back then. Not to mention the music style was just in a slow shift, with Bob Dylan's folk wave in New York. The Beatles came out with a new style music practically which launched the whole hippie era, enforcing many bands to go main stream like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Ramones etc. And in most cases those bands enforced a even bigger transition in music, giving you 80's bands like Van Halen, and the rest. Next came the grunge era, and in which (Said by Nirvana's front man Kurt Cobain) was influenced by the late 60's to mid 70's and 80's hard rock. And then you can just see what grunge did, splitting off into the more slower grungier style, and the more up beat emoish/sreamoish stuff. The Beatles didn't suck, if they did how'd they become the most famous band to walk America? Not to mention in a way they enforced your precious Alexisonfire to come about. You gotta' know the history before you start saying time changing bands like The Beatles suck. Not to mention their album Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band got voted best album of all time by Rolling Stone, while lately I only saw Crisis get nominated for a Canadian Juno.

epic pwnage

as for what i think the best band of all time, ide say the police , i just cant get enough of theii songs, they are so catchy. listen to message in a bottle and youll see what im talking about :)

Floydd said:
Like SkullKid said it was the 60's. There weren't any screamo/emo bands back then. Not to mention the music style was just in a slow shift, with Bob Dylan's folk wave in New York. The Beatles came out with a new style music practically which launched the whole hippie era, enforcing many bands to go main stream like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Ramones etc. And in most cases those bands enforced a even bigger transition in music, giving you 80's bands like Van Halen, and the rest. Next came the grunge era, and in which (Said by Nirvana's front man Kurt Cobain) was influenced by the late 60's to mid 70's and 80's hard rock. And then you can just see what grunge did, splitting off into the more slower grungier style, and the more up beat emoish/sreamoish stuff. The Beatles didn't suck, if they did how'd they become the most famous band to walk America? Not to mention in a way they enforced your precious Alexisonfire to come about. You gotta' know the history before you start saying time changing bands like The Beatles suck. Not to mention their album Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band got voted best album of all time by Rolling Stone not to mention won Grammies for Album of The Year, Best Album Cover/Graphic, Best Engineered Recording (Non Classical), Contemporary Album. Got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, and got an award for the Most Definitive Rock and Roll Album. While lately I only saw Crisis get nominated for a Canadian Juno.

nice post. i applaud, however, u cant change his opinion. there will always be difference. i love the doors and i still think beatles are overrated.

zapasant93 said:
epic pwnage

as for what i think the best band of all time, ide say the police , i just cant get enough of theii songs, they are so catchy. listen to message in a bottle and youll see what im talking about :)
To each his own, good sir.

Guns 'N' Roses were very infuencial with Sweet Child O' Mine and November Rain. The Solo at the end of November Rain is so face melting!
I also think You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As Your Told) by The White Stripes is very influencial, and that song just speaks to me, it really does. If anyone has seen the music video for that, I think its romantic even though Jack and Meg are divorced.
I'll post more later...

Gn'R is HARRRRRDDDDLY the best band ever! Influential? To which genre? Have lots of sex and get drunk and shoot heroin?

And November Rain is a soulful song! You only say face-melt on fast licks!

Brawny said:
Gn'R is HARRRRRDDDDLY the best band ever! Influential? To which genre? Have lots of sex and get drunk and shoot heroin?

And November Rain is a soulful song! You only say face-melt on fast licks!
I never said they were the best band ever, but they were infulencial to rock in general, and they did have fast licks at the end of November Rain.
Do you think The Beatles were influencial? they tripped on shrooms and acid!

Last edited:
Read Slash...The beatles weren't that bad.

Look at my sig, I'm not knocking Gn'R at all....they're just not pivotal to anything.

Back