Best Brawler

durabull

Durabull
Dec 2, 2006
Hi. I'd like to get a discussion going on what you all think is the better street brawler game. I've always been a Double Dragon fan, but it could be a while before they come out. In the meantime, I have Final Fight (Soon anyway), Vigilante, and Streets of Rage to consider. I've played Final Fight before, and found it a little lacking, but I've never played the other two.

Which do you all like, and why?

SF:2 HF

unfortunately only world warrior is available
dang microsoft got hyper fighter B4 us

Would Battletoads count as street brawler? Cause if it does, then there's my opinion :) Hope they release the NES one soon...

If your talkin vc
Streets or rage - Good but twos on its way (1-2)
Splater house - Good if a little hard (1)
Golden axe - Bit over the hill but some good action to be had (1-2)
Final fight - Exclent brawler the snes version lacks a two player option and Guy (1)
Vigalnte - Its good but only if you want a game thats short (1)
Street fighter 2 - Meh to this version wait for the others (1 vs 2)
Punchout - A classic boxin game (1)
Mystical Ninja - Classic game better in two player mode (1-2)

Out of all id go for Splater house for the long term challange but sayin that thow SOR is still a good game with two endings(even if the three charicters are the same) Final fight is still quite good but the snes versions not
It all depends what your looking for
Hope this helps

i think spiderman and venom:seperation anxiety will a top street brawler, its my favorite, don played it tons of times. maximum carnage was okay, but not as good. captian commando is a great one too.

I guess really I'm just looking for people's opionions on Streets of Rage vs Vigilante vs Final Fight. I'd like to get more opionions on which of the three are better.

Darkprinny, thanks for the comments!

durabull said:
I guess really I'm just looking for people's opionions on Streets of Rage vs Vigilante vs Final Fight. I'd like to get more opionions on which of the three are better.

Darkprinny, thanks for the comments!

I are helpfull

On the VC versions :
Streets of rage - Not bad but wait for two (and maybe three)
It is in the n/b section

Vigilante - Personaly I like it (its like the old kung fu game)
Most enemys die with one hit so you can get throw most levels with just kick
You can also deffeat the first boss by just usein kick

Final fight - Ill stop slatein the snes ver of it. its still a good game
Id say get this its still a sold game with good controlls

But if you have a ps2/psp get the Capcom collection and the Mega drive collection
Both have some good scrollers on them

Last edited:
Back