Best Buy 'pre-awareness' display

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Posted over at Joystiq.com is this image of a proposed Best Buy prelaunch display.

View attachment 878

According to the blog post, the image is part of a 22-page memo documenting which stores will participate in the promotion.

The letter, written by VMSM (third-party Nintendo marketer?) and addressed to "Best Buy Retail Management," names 249 participating stores and includes installation instructions for two, four-foot "Coming Soon" billboards with one count-down clock. Billboards are expected to hit stores on November 1.

Looks pretty huge to me!

Link: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/24/pre-awareness-wii-displays-for-best-buy/

Yeah it's just a prototype/artistic mockup of how the displays will look :)

lol me too... xD it's so cool...
but i doubt i will see one in Norway exept ofcourse on elkjøp.. that shop named : elkjøp . says they are going to put allot of money gambling for the wiiiii!

Wiired said:
Looks slightly fake, but nice find :D Always enjoy getting more news.. news for the Wii has been pretty slow lately...

Of course it's slightly fake. It's computer rendered. =P

Looks nice, but every kiosk looks like that... o.o

Holy @#$%! I wantt to get a Wii now!

Also, i don't see any cord connected to the Wiimote, it's just on this holder thing.

The mario trailer was pretty cool but TWILIGHT PRINCESS was off the chains man. I have seen all the trailers for TP totally cool.

COLDshiver said:
Holy @#$%! I wantt to get a Wii now!

Also, i don't see any cord connected to the Wiimote, it's just on this holder thing.

as said above, its a mockup. Its not real. It could change. why would a mock up have a cord? It even says it will be rev 2. That means this setup is likely to change.

Last edited:
In every store they will probably get around 15 nintendo wii. I am so lucky because I went about 20 gamestops and all of them were full. Then I went to this other one and they had one more spot open for the wii and twilight princess. I was so happy. I thought I wasn't going to be able to play TP until next year.

im just going to go to toys are us and get a wii. I already have tp preorderd at a eb someplace.

Back