Best buy sold out of ps3's

in touch with the wii said:
hmmmmmmmmm the signs of being gay
1. being in realistate
2. hanging round a nintendo forum pretending to like the wii and then revealing your self as a sony fanboy
3.trying to rub peoples faces in a product that is being beaten by nintendo in double the sale in japan sonys main seller
:yikes: your face
leave or be banned your choice

Signs that your either 5 years old, or actually retarded

1. Cant spell Real estate
2. Flapping your mouth when you have no idea what your talking about.

I like the wii and will enjoy it when better games come out. It funny you call me gay, when your name is "in touch with the wii" :lol: Who's wii are you touching???

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/8569.cfm
Sony claims Wii is just an 'impulse buy'

1 February 2007 22:07 by Dela
Sony claims Wii is just an 'impulse buy'It seems that Sony Corp. and Nintendo are really bringing the console war to life with words being exchanged about each others consoles and sales performance. Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesperson Dave Karraker said that 100,000 PS3 units are reaching North America each week and are selling out, but admitted that demand for the console has fallen since the holidays.

When he compared the PS3 to the Wii, he claimed the PS3 is so powerful in comparison, that it shouldn't even be in the same category. "Wii could be considered an impulse buy more than anything else," he said. While the Wii shortage continues, there are still reports of PS3s being readily available for purchase in many areas of the U.S.

In response to this, Sony has claimed that there only appears to be excessive demand for the Wii because Nintendo is shipping less stock. "That's absolutely inaccurate," Nintendo of America's vice president of marketing, Perrin Kaplan said, going further to say the company is shipping at least the same amount of units as Sony.

The New York Times also quotes company officials as saying that 1 million Wii units are shipped worldwide per month, with over half of those going to North America.

Source:
GamesIndustry.biz

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07029/756844-96.stm
Week in video-game news: Nintendo's Wii remains scarce, while PlayStation 3 is easy to find

Monday, January 29, 2007
By Lou Kesten, The Associated Press

News from the virtual world:

WHERE IS Wii? Who would have thought, given all the publicity surrounding the PlayStation 3's arrival last fall, that the Nintendo Wii would be the must-have console of the new year? A month after Christmas, it's still hard to find a Wii, and crowds are still lining up in front of electronics stores every time a new shipment is promised. On eBay, Wiis are still being auctioned off for around $500, double the console's list price. It's even tough to track down Wii controllers, since most of us who have been able to buy a console are stocking up on extra "Wiimotes" so the whole family can play.

Meanwhile, Sony's PS3 is pretty easy to buy. The Web sites for GameStop, Circuit City and other nationwide retailers have it for sale, and eBay auctions are starting lower than the $600 list price for the 60-gigabyte model. Several electronics store clerks have told me that buyers have been returning unopened PS3s after realizing they weren't going to make any money selling them on eBay. Serves them right.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070130-8733.html
The continuing scarcity of the Wii is likely sustaining shoppers' interest in the console. Compete's most recent data—from about two weeks ago—shows that consumers are still far more interested in the Wii than either of the other two next-generation consoles. Also, those shopping for the Wii are not as likely to consider buying a different console as those who are shopping for either a PS3 or 360.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20070129/nvidia-sony-ps3-playstation-nvda.htm
Nvidia Shares Affected by Weaker Playstation 3 Demand
By Daniel Jacobs
Posted 29 January 2007 @ 05:11 pm EST

(International Business Times) - Growing signs of weaker demand for Sony's new Playstation 3 video game system may be impacting some of its design partners, a new report indicates, with graphics system provider Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA), feeling Wall-Street heat today.

A series of reports last week pointed to longer than expected shelf-time for Sony's Playstation 3 video-game console, as well growing inventories across the country, raising concern about possible slower demand for the new system.

Santa-Clara Calif.-based Nvidia, which provides the technology behind the system's advanced graphics and special effects, may take a hit as a result of the slowdown.

"Sony royalties garnered by Nvidia from the PS3 build are expected to be the primary driver of Nvidia’s gross-margin expansion in fiscal 2008," Michael McConnell, semiconductor analysts of Pacific Crest said.

"Although poor manufacturing yields on Blu-Ray diodes were the initial cause of PS3 unit constraints at retailers, we have seen evidence of weaker-than-expected consumer demand as availability has improved, likely stemming form overly high prices at retailers and a lack of compelling game titles."

While the report did not speculate on the number of units that would be sold, a component "tear-down" performed by market researcher iSuppli last month showed that Nvidia would receive $129.00 for every Playstation 3 sold.

The analyst lowered his price target for Nvidia to $33 from $45, and predicted earnings of $1.67 a share for the year, instead of $1.77 previously indicated.

Shares of Nvidia closed down $1.29, or 4.10 percent, to $30.18 in Monday trading on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange.

LASTLY, LISTEN to NVIDIA's Bellyaching
http://wii.ign.com/articles/760/760643p1.html
Nvidia Says Graphics Matter
Dismisses Nintendo's assertion that graphics have reached a saturation point as nonsense.
by Mark Bozon

February 1, 2007 - Nvidia, one of the world's leading producers of graphics processing technology, seems to differ in opinion from Nintendo president Satoru Iwata on the subject of game visuals. In a recent interview with Next-Gen business, VP of content Roy Taylor voiced his opinion on the matter of gaming graphics and presentation.

"They're talking nonsense," he said of Nintendo assertion that videogame graphics have reached a saturation point. "It's ridiculous sot say that graphics don't matter. That's like saying 'The quality of my TV screen doesn't matter.' Oh really? So then in that case, you can go watch 24 in black-and-white on a seven-inch screen. It's nonsense to say graphics don't matter. I think we can do a lot better, but I think we'd like to see graphics encompassing the gameplay."

During the interview Taylor does state that gameplay can oftentimes play second fiddle to a game's visuals but reiterates that graphics will bring more emotion into software, stating that gamers seldom become as emotionally invested in characters from a videogame as they do in movies.

ARGUMENT: With the facts provided, we draw obvious conclusions;
1) wii is outselling the ps3.
2) ps3 demand is in a downtrend
3) Nvidia is partnered with ps3 and suffers along
4) The individual named "wii&ps3" does not check his premises...
5) The Wii rules.

...nuff said

Wii&Ps3 said:

I like the wii and will enjoy it when better games come out. It funny you call me gay, when your name is "in touch with the wii" :lol: Who's wii are you touching???

If you're going to correct someone, make sure you don't sound like a retard either. The items in bold are your mistakes, while whats underlined needs to be restated in a way that makes you look more intelligent. Until then, stop trying to be a smart ass, when you're clearly brain dead.

Wii&Ps3 said:

ROFL I have to hand it to ya, that was actually pretty funny.

Kamikaze said:
If you're going to correct someone, make sure you don't sound like a retard either. The items in bold are your mistakes, while whats underlined needs to be restated in a way that makes you look more intelligent. Until then, stop trying to be a smart ass, when you're clearly brain dead.

So was that though.

Jayman said:
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/8569.cfm

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07029/756844-96.stm

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070130-8733.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20070129/nvidia-sony-ps3-playstation-nvda.htm

LASTLY, LISTEN to NVIDIA's Bellyaching
http://wii.ign.com/articles/760/760643p1.html

ARGUMENT: With the facts provided, we draw obvious conclusions;
1) wii is outselling the ps3.
2) ps3 demand is in a downtrend
3) Nvidia is partnered with ps3 and suffers along
4) The individual named "wii&ps3" does not check his premises...
5) The Wii rules.

...nuff said

good quotes, just what we need :thumbsup:

Wii&Ps3 said:

wow you actually said something that was funny. im impressed. bravo bravo

Kamikaze said:
You're obviously new to retail, and don't know the powers of something called verbal communication. Why wouldn't they take a step "down" (even though Gamecube graphics are smoother and loading times are faster) for a system that they can buy used for 60 bucks? It wouldn't make the Ps3 appealing, as it's only appealing to 80 percent of people and those people are trying to sell it on Ebay. The 5 percent are kids and adults who just want the Ps3 just because of all the "hype" that seems to be going around it. If Sony stops reproduction on their Ps2, Nintendo can put a couple of awesome games on the Player's Choice, which would make them 20 bucks. Here's a list of the games that will appeal to everyone:

And so much more. Seriously, the "hardcore gamer" that you perceive is only an 11 year old, and who would purchase a 600 dollar system for an 11 year old? Parents will see the Gamecube as affordable, plus has many games for all types of gamers. You may once again disagree, but for the price of a Ps3 game, you can pretty much be getting a Gamecube. And the Ps3 right now is like a new car, but the funny thing is, there's no parts or accessories out for it right now. So enjoy your brand new system...with only around 4 games to choose from that are exclusive to the Ps3.

First, you incorrectly assume I'm a PS3 fan. I'm not. I own and love my Wii and have no intention of getting a PS3 in the foreseeable future. Not because I don't believe in the system, I just think it's overpriced for my needs and am worried about the 1st gen's longevity mostly due to the fact that I'm worried about it overheating due to it's huge heat pipes and the location it would fit in my entertainment center already having too much heat as it is.

Secondly, yes, the Gamecube is a step down, that's why it's so cheap. If it weren't a step down it would garner a higher price. The gamecube was nothing special and it's lackluster sales over it's lifetime reflect that. The PS2 has a much larger mindshare and base of games and has a much larger selection of games to appeal to most any person in the market. My original point was that if you look at the sales figures of all the consoles you'd see the biggest selling consoles over the Christmas season were the DS and the PS2. That's not used PS2s but new ones. If the only way people could get new systems that could play "Play Station" brand games were a PS3 then those people would be required to buy a PS3 to do so.

Third "who would purchase an 600 dollar system for an 11 year old?" Plenty. There is a reason so much marketing is aimed to children. As much as you would like to believe that there aren't a lot of people buying young kids expensive toys it's simply not true. Perhaps where you live it's not a common occurrence, but there are plenty of locations in the US where it is.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Signs that your either 5 years old, or 2actually retarded

1. 3.Cant spell Real estate

2I like the wii and will enjoy it when better games come out. It funny 1you call me gay, when your name is "in touch with the wii" :lol: Who's wii are you touching???
1.hmmmm i actaully meant ds connectivity with the wii when i made my username making fun of is being immature :yesnod:
2. if you like the wii so much why are you dissing it and trying to force people to get a ps3 now thats gay:yesnod:
3. i m not american i cant be bothered spelling real estate
4. just give up this is a wii forum speak about this kinda stuff a ps3
5. nintendo is beating sony, wii is pratically sold out everywhere and in the majorite of stores have ps3s left just trying to find a store that has no ps3s is sad and the traits of a sony fanboy trying to annoy wii fans that is gay :yesnod:
6. btw your the retard for even starting this thread it has no purpose what so ever

Gabe Newell basically said the PS3 is doomed. The game god has spoken.

Your link is only the stock for it's website. The 2 Bestbuys in my area are stocked with PS3s. They're just lying around in the store waiting for people to buy them.

in touch with the wii said:
1.hmmmm i actaully meant ds connectivity with the wii when i made my username making fun of is being immature :yesnod:
2. if you like the wii so much why are you dissing it and trying to force people to get a ps3 now thats gay:yesnod:
3. i m not american i cant be bothered spelling real estate
4. just give up this is a wii forum speak about this kinda stuff a ps3
5. nintendo is beating sony, wii is pratically sold out everywhere and in the majorite of stores have ps3s left just trying to find a store that has no ps3s is sad and the traits of a sony fanboy trying to annoy wii fans that is gay :yesnod:
6. btw your the retard for even starting this thread it has no purpose what so ever

1. sure :scared:
2. I dont like the wii so much. Its ok, but it needs some better games (just like the ps3) Howeveer im still having fun playing resistance online.
3. Then dont try and spell it in the first place
4. this is a ps3 sub forum
5. The wii isnt in competition with the ps3.
6. You cant even make a complete sentence. Put down the keyboard and step away from the computer.

Gabe Newell basically said the PS3 is doomed. The game god has spoken.

Your link is only the stock for it's website. The 2 Bestbuys in my area are stocked with PS3s. They're just lying around in the store waiting for people to buy them.

because what he says means nothing :sleep: . Ps3 is pushing blu ray well past hd dvd. Sony might be losing money on the ps3, but its gonna help them sell alot of hd tv's, and will really help when blu ray becomes the next gen format.

Wii&Ps3 said:
1. sure :scared:
2. I dont like the wii so much. Its ok, but it needs some better games (just like the ps3) Howeveer im still having fun playing resistance online.
3. Then dont try and spell it in the first place
4. this is a ps3 sub forum
5. The wii isnt in competition with the ps3.
6. You cant even make a complete sentence. Put down the keyboard and step away from the computer.

because what he says means nothing :sleep: . Ps3 is pushing blu ray well past hd dvd. Sony might be losing money on the ps3, but its gonna help them sell alot of hd tv's, and will really help when blu ray becomes the next gen format.

Ok. First off, don't EVER, EVER say "when" like you can predict the future or something. Anything can happen. I agree with everything else except #5. What the hell are you talking anout there? Not in competition with the PS3? Either you are still arrogant (which is NOT a good trait to have, no matter what you say) or you are just plain stupid.

Back