Best Buy stockpile

maduncan

Mark
Jan 8, 2007
Dallas, TX
I know there is a "still on the search" post, but I felt that was too broad and busy to address this topic well.

I heard rumors before but have now heard from a Best Buy employee that Best Buy is stockpiling Wiis instead of selling them as they get them. Does anyone know the specifics on this? Things like release date, amounts, etc. Thanks.

As far as last night, Wiis are still being sold as they come in. PS3s are stockpiled, but that's just because no one is buying.

maduncan said:
I know there is a "still on the search" post, but I felt that was too broad and busy to address this topic well.

I heard rumors before but have now heard from a Best Buy employee that Best Buy is stockpiling Wiis instead of selling them as they get them. Does anyone know the specifics on this? Things like release date, amounts, etc. Thanks.

The rumor is that BB and Target will both hold big wii sales on Jan. 21st.

So look for next weekends flyers to see whether or not this pans out.

It is true that wiis at Best Buy have been scarce at best lately and that there are multiple Targets with wii in stock (according to itrackr) that are not selling them at this time.

i work at bestbuy and last friday we had 8 wii's stocked on the shelf, with someone standing by to gaurd them. they come in by ups and fedex vs the original bestbuy truck, dont know if that makes any difference but...hey

lloyd_yayo said:
i work at bestbuy and last friday we had 8 wii's stocked on the shelf, with someone standing by to gaurd them. they come in by ups and fedex vs the original bestbuy truck, dont know if that makes any difference but...hey

lol I think this is the first report of wiis at BB that I've heard all week! Thanks for the info.

Back