Best Component Cable

wiigirl23

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2007
San Diego, CA
I'm interested in getting a component cable for my Wii becaue I have an HD television...is it really worth paying the $40-$50? Does it make the picture that much better (it looks pretty good right now)? Thanks!

my god yes, the jump from 480i to 480p is more noticable than 480p - 720p in my opinion, due to the fact that the cable provides a much truer reflection of colour and contrast as well as sharpening the edges, the jump from 480p-720p retains the use of colour but just sharpens edges a little more.

You can find cables cheap but they aren't worth it go for a decent quality one you won't be dissapointed.

Yeah but the initial hookup is standard right? The one end is the same because of the adapter on the Wii correct? So it's cable quality is like 5 out of 10 for example... then you'd hook it to something longer because it's not long enough:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8008988&st=wii&lp=8&type=product&cp=1&id=1156203388826

The standard one from Best Buy is $24 so what are you talking about 40 or 50 bucks for? What am I missing? I'd just get cheap (5 out of 10 quality) component extenders to run up to my HDTV.

I've seen ones at Circuit City for $50, ones at Nintendo for $35. The cheapest ones I've seen are on e-bay (about $20)...I was just giving an average cost. The gold-plated are much more expensive than the nickle-plated. The guy at Gamstop said it doesn't make that much of a difference since most of the games are 480 anyway and not 720.

The Ebay ones are fine - mine cost ~$15AU incl. postage.
It works very well and is of good build quality.
You usually only notice the difference between good/bad quality cables with long runs (5+ meters).

wiigirl23 said:
I've seen ones at Circuit City for $50, ones at Nintendo for $35. The cheapest ones I've seen are on e-bay (about $20)...I was just giving an average cost. The gold-plated are much more expensive than the nickle-plated. The guy at Gamstop said it doesn't make that much of a difference since most of the games are 480 anyway and not 720.

The Wii only does 480i/480P it does not do anything at 720 at the moment.

Back