Best Deals on Wii Games

lovelyleti

WiiChat Member
Dec 13, 2007
After standing in linve for 3hours outside Target, we finally scored a wii for our kids for christmas. With our limited budget we would livke to get them some games, but i am wonder what everyone here recommends. My kids are age 12 (girl) 6 a and 2 (boys) But mostly i am wondering which places have the best deal going on right now for wii games. It didnt really seem to be any sale going on for them. Thanks in advance for the help and also for the tips on target, without this forum my kids would be wii-less.

What you can't buy a $50 game? Some are even $20-$40. Check at GameStop's used video game section. Also Toys R' Us has a Buy 3 Get The 4th Free sale. Check here too http://www.cheapassgamer.com/

Well, the kids are 12, 6, and 2. I doubt they want shooters... But she/he wants deals, which unfortunately most (good) games are 50$.

Firstly I'll say that there really isnt anything a 2 year old could function with. My 3 year old bro cant do a whole lot with the wiimote. That said, I assume you are going to want E rated games, which pretty much leaves the 'movie themed' games and such. This really isnt a good site for suggestions for your age group, as most everyone here is 15 and up.

Maybe you could just take them to a store and ask what sort of games interest them. But that ruins the surprise of getting a Wii...

E Games , Super Mario Galaxy , Mario & Sonic Olypic Games($50), Mario Party 8($50) Game Party($20) , Wii Play . Those are some you will have to look @ what your store has .

How much money are you looking to spend ?

There are hardly many "sales" for games. Usually you will always find the same price for the same game everywhere because their isnt much margin for price drops without the retailer losing money. They usually price drop when a game sucks and doesnt sell or the manufacturer of the game lowers the price. So basically what you say at Gamestop are the best price you can get. Occasionally they will have a special, but its usually for used games.

So with that being said, try buying used games at Gamestop. Then again the good games still only take $3-5 off for a game. And their arent many used Wii games being sold compared to 360 because its newer.

Ebay is the best bet for getting games on the cheap.

If you want retail, Costco has almost all their games for $43.99 online or $42.99 in the warehouse.

You may also want to look at Gamestop or a local store that sells used games.

Good luck!!!

toys r us seems to be having different sales every week.

i did find barnyard at walmart for $20 and that surprisingly is pretty fun.

you can also try block buster for used games, they are usually 5 dollars cheaper than the actual price.

Bargain Hunting...

Mc_Evan said:
E Games , Super Mario Galaxy , Mario & Sonic Olypic Games($50), Mario Party 8($50) Game Party($20) , Wii Play . Those are some you will have to look @ what your store has .

How much money are you looking to spend ?

Do NOT get Game Party, even as a party game you will get tired of this one really quick...
Most of the time with a price of a game when it's first released you get what you pay for. Most games that start out at 20.00 are generic 3rd party titles that accumulate in the bargain bin, However the good new games that are 50 and up are usually the best (mostly NINTENDO made) will end up being 10 or 20 dollars cheaper after a few months...
My advice would to be to drive around to look for deals, pawn shops are usually good cause they don't price games at what their worth they just want to get rid of them. Flea markets are good too for the same reasons...
Common department stores carry SOME games you'll never see in gamestores... ESP 3rd party kids games, just be picky after you set your price range cause occasionally you'll find that GEM in the bottom of the bargain bin and you'll ask yourself, how did this get here? :yikes:

Recently, Toy's R Us had a buy 1 get the 2nd half off deal. Not sure if it's still going on.

im guessing if you bought it at target you probably live in the states

im in canada but this is what i do

amazon.ca has a deal where when you make a new account and pay with visa you get 10 bucks off. not sure if theres something similar for u.s. visa cards?

i think buy.com gives you 10$ off if you use google checkout

i buy some games used from people over the internet using sites like craigslist,etc. just meet them at a mall and make sure its in good condition. never had any problems

KillJoy said:
Recently, Toy's R Us had a buy 1 get the 2nd half off deal. Not sure if it's still going on.

that ended on the 15th. now i believe they have buy so many & get one free. not sure though.

Back