Best 'EPIC' Rpg games for the GC

KillerQ

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2007
Hey all,

in your opinion, what are the best, most involved RPGs for the CG? I am looking to get involved in one - and the ones like Tales of Symphonia, and Skies of Arcadia...

Honestly, I am most intrigued by games that have this sort of look:

my.php

and

screenshotsgross3201108cv6.jpg

I think i would enjoy the cartoon/japanamation look the most. I plan on getting one of the games you guys recommend, since I can pick the gamecube game up pretty cheap and play it on my Wii.

Are there "advanced" looking rpgs like I mentioned above, but are more beginner level?

Thanks in advance,

Matt!

Tales of Symphonia is the best RPG on the GC and is the only one I truly enjoyed on the console.

Cool,

Sounds like I was on the right track!

Thanks guys,

Matt!

Definitely get Tales of Symphonia. One of the best RPGs ever imo, and got me hooked to the tales series. ToS is the best in the series, though.

The 'cube had a similar problem with the N64 in terms of RPG content - Not enough. However what it did have was usually very good. Like those before me, I can highly recommend Tales of Symphonia - Fantastic game, will keep you going for a long time.

Also worth picking up at some point is the game that started the whole Tales series - Tales of Phantasia for the SNES (if you can read Japanese or if you want to get the ROM translation here) or the re-released GBA version. Personally I preferred the SNES version; the screen in the GBA version, particularly in the shop menus got very cluttered and you had to flick between different panels with the L and R buttons.

Geez what a digression... Back on topic, I see someone mentioned Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I didn't particularly like this game, it felt more like some sort of action chess than a true RPG experience.

Unless you've already got it for Wii, you can't go wrong with Twilight Princess as well. Zelda games are always a fantastic experience.

On the topic of Zelda, WindWaker is also worth getting. It's very non-linear and will last a long time. My sister still plays and loves it.

If you really want some fantastic RPGs though, I'd highly recommend picking up a Super Nintendo and getting into some fantastic RPGs like Final Fantasy III (Re-Released on GBA as Final Fantasy VI), Chrono Trigger or Terranigma. All fantastic games.

Hope this helped

I hate turn-based combat in an RPG. I actually love turn-based strategy games, but I like RPGs to be a little more Morrowindesque.

Back