Best fighting game of all time??

<Insert laughing track>

Thats a good joke.
SSBB one of the best fighting games ever.
THATS HILARIOUS!

lol ssbb can't compare to games like soul calbur 2 and melee

SSBB cannot be better then the original Super Smash Bros. I don't skip classes to play Brawl with my buddies, oh no, I skip to play some old smash.

How is the old Smash better then Brawl? Besides nostalgia, of course.

I dont usually play fighting games, so I dont know.

It is, indeed, the best fighting game for BigN, fans, incuding me, but is also a lot different than other fighting games, so with things is your opinion what really matters (without being a jerk, of course)

SSBB is NOT the best fighting game.

But it's still epic.

There is no best fighting game, period. If you want to be technical, it all comes down to personal preferrence and opinion to pinpoint something as best. Brawl has it's own incredibly-well done niche (a 2D fighting game, but a huge departure from things such as Guilty Gear or Street Fighter), as do games like Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi or Dissidia Final Fantasy (3D environments; although I still hate Tenkaichi, so I'm too biased to judge).

My own opinion regards Brawl up there with one of the best fighting games for it's unique and simple, but incredibly competitive gameplay, as well as in the higher tiers of Smash gaming, it's complexity. I've never seen a more intense and fast-paced fighting game (but still manages to have long matches) on a competitive level; aside from melee ofcourse, nothing will ever compare to melee. But at the same time, I'm no longer well versed in fighting games, although I can guarentee my love for Brawl wouldn't be felled by your mainstream fighters like Street Fighter these days. So yet again I'm biased... but hey, opinions gotta start somewhere.

BlazBlue does intrigue me, though...

I love how Nintendocam completely ignored my question about how the original SSB could be better than Brawl.

And yeah, CKs right. This is all opinion.

*scoff* I did not ignore it. I just had to adress the current post at hand first.

Yes, SSB is better than brawl in my eyes. But because of my memories that i've had and yet to have when playing. For 'tis the mind that makes the game rich. And as the sun breaks through even the darkest clouds, so honor peereth through the oldest of games.

Why is the jay more precious than the lark, because his feathers are more beautiful? Now ask that same question regarding Super Smash Brothers. And now you know my meaning.

i dont know... street fighter and mortal kombat are equal i think

but smash bros is my fav fighter series..

my fav in the series is the 64 one.. i fricken love that one.

Back