Best FPS + Best Racer

StealthSoul

StealthSoul
Apr 5, 2007
England
Wii Online Code
2144-6234-8176-9504
Hi =]

I'm looking for a good FPS, one with good Multiplayer and a good single player too.. I've been looking into it but I can't find what would be the best one.

Also looking for a good racer. Same as above, good multiplayer and good single player ^^ I was looking into getting NFS: Carbon or Excite Truck. Any others which are better?

Feel free to post your own opinions, and if you could state why you like that one that'd be helpful =]

- Stealth

Excite truck looks really fun, I'm pretty sure thats the game i'm going to get. Any other racers i should take a look at?

I've been hearing mixed reviews about Red Steel, so i'm not sure if I want to get that.. Is this one of the best FPS out for the system?

Last edited:
StealthSoul said:
I've been hearing mixed reviews about Red Steel, so i'm not sure if I want to get that.. Is this one of the best FPS out for the system?

You got Call of Duty 3 and Far Cry: Insticts. COD3 should be a good FPS if you like war/tactical games, but Far Cry in Wii isn't as good as the XBOX version, the grafics are very screwed, and the gameplay is no good.
Or maybe you can wait for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, but you'll have to wait longer for that one. But when it's release it will be awesome, it will have online play, great grafics, awesome gameplay, it will have all that we need for a perfect FPS on the Wii.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess the Racing game is settled, Excite Truck for sure!

I think I will get Metroid when it comes out, but I dont think it's coming out any time soon.. Q4 2007 -.-

CoD3 I heard has no Multiplayer =[

Has anyone played Medal of Honor: Vanguard? What'd you all think of that?

I was gonna say medal of honor is the other fps but i havent checked into it so I couldnt give an opinion. I have excite truck and it doesn't have alot of depth to the game as far as the single player goes, but it is probably your best bet for a racer(haven't played nfs yet though).

For now excite truck is the best racer... The depth of the single player and multi-player mode is realy lacking but the quality of the game is great, best racer for awhile.

Red Steel sucks, it's realy horrible. Havn't played Far Cry but it's supposed to suck even more.

That leaves COD:3 and Medal of Honour
COD has no multi-player, lamer graphics, and better controlls
MoH has some multi-player, better graphics, and worst controlls
(MoH sounds better, controlls should work well enough anyway)

So I guess that Excite Truck single player can be finished pretty quick?

Any racers that'll take me a while to get through single player?

In MoH is the controls just a matter of getting used to, or is it just hard to do even when trying?

My friend has Red Steel, I might ask to borrow it tomorrow and see what I think of it..

StealthSoul said:
So I guess that Excite Truck single player can be finished pretty quick?

Any racers that'll take me a while to get through single player?

In MoH is the controls just a matter of getting used to, or is it just hard to do even when trying?

My friend has Red Steel, I might ask to borrow it tomorrow and see what I think of it..

I rented Carbon for Wii, we got about 75% through it in a few days. I don't think racers are generally gonna be very long. Excite truck is fun but less realistic. I rented excite truck too, but was busy and didn't get to play it as much as I'd have liked. It didn't seem like there was that many tracks. I still might pick it up off ebay for cheaper though, but I wouldn't buy need for speed, maybe just because I got farther in it. Need for speed is just about winning the race. In excite truck you get ratings on how well you raced in terms of drifting and stunts and such, so the replayability is greater since you come back to get better ratings and unlock stuff. Need for speed you unlock parts and there is the car customization, which is very in depth I must say.

Red Steel + Excite Truck = pwn

Thanks for the replies. I guess the racer is a little easy to decide on, I'm pretty sure i'm getting Excite Truck now.

About the FPS, I'm still not sure >.< I keep hearing mixed reviews on Red Steel.. What did people think of Splinter Cell on the wii?

I prefer FarCry to RedSteel. I find the control in RedSteel is over sensitive. Yes, FarCry's graphics aren't as crisp as RedSteel's, but the multiplay is better. I think the aiming is more accurate on FarCry too.

I can't get enough from Excite Truck. My kids and I like to just start bashing each other around :)

Farcry doesn't really interest me =[.

I think at the moment it's out of:
Splinter Cell \ Medal of Honor \ Red Steel

Red Steel I should get a chance to play today as i'm going to a friend's house and he has it..

I'm still not sure though -.-

Racer will be Excite Truck for sure, i've read some great reviews about it.

I'm thinking the FPS will be Medal of Honor, as it's one of the top sellers at the moment according to the sites i'm looking at..

Any last opinions from anyone?

Back