Best franchise of all time?

d4mahern

Detroit Lions 2-1
Sep 4, 2007
Kalamazoo (No, seriously...)
Of all the great Nintendo franchises (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) which is your favorite and why?
Mine would have to be Mario just because hes timeless, everyone knows who he is whether they game or not, and anyone can pick up a Mario game and enjoy/appreciate it. Just interested to see what others think.

Mario I can play the original, 3, and world again and again but, Metroid and Zelda I play once and I don't play them again for ages.

Brady280 said:
Mario I can play the original, 3, and world again and again but, Metroid and Zelda I play once and I don't play them again for ages.

I agree 100%. The first time through Zelda is incredible and I enjoy it more than Mario. Also i look forward to the release of the next Zelda game more, but after you have beaten it, it loses its edge. The whole reason i like Zelda so much is for the story line and the puzzles. Once I know what is going to happen and how to do it i pretty much retire the game. Mario i can play over and over and over.

Yeh mario is a cool character. You can put him ( and his friends and enemys ) in any type of game and it will still be fun haha.

I do also like the advance wars series though

Zelda gets my vote because of the depth, but Mario really is a close second. And to me, Metroid is basically Zelda in the future with more powerful weapons...gotta love it though!

ZELDA!!!

if zelda was more frequently released like mario games then it would be the best. but mario games are'nt as good. except for sunshine, galaxy and 64. those are amazing.

Back