Best game for swordplay??

flanman

WiiChat Member
Oct 19, 2007
Hi all,
We just got a Wii for the family for Christmas. So far the kids and I love it. We have played the heck out of Wii sports. I am now looking for a good game with logs of sword/lightsaber type play. Like a first person shooter, but with sword instead. Most sword games I have read about on gamespot and ign are not getting strong reviews. I would love to get your feedback on one you have and like. Also, if the game allows two players to fight that would be great, but single player is ok if the sword play is good. Hopefully that all makes sense.

Thanks for any input,

Flanman

well the best so far would be redsteel. but the swordplay isnt so good. there is alos battle of the pacific, but it doesnt use motion control for the sword. you should wait for redsteel 2 which comes out next year.

thas said:
well the best so far would be redsteel. but the swordplay isnt so good. there is alos battle of the pacific, but it doesnt use motion control for the sword. you should wait for redsteel 2 which comes out next year.

Red steels sword combat was a piss take
No left handed controlls
Win by swingin like a madman

soul calibur legends has the best sword gameplay.......but it may not be as good as zelda or redsteel

Wait a minute Star Wars is coming next year with motion controlled light saber batles so i would wait for that elswise an unrealistic game would be dragon blade wrath of fire which soul calibur stole ALL its ideas from

Currently there are just a few games with swordplay in them, and all have their plus and minuses. Here are the ones I know about:

Red Steel - the game has swordplay but the mechanics weren't that great and the motion control, I thought, was subpar

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - a great game with great storying line. Unfortunately the sword fighting part is alot of just shaking the remote.

Lego Starwars: The Complete Saga - a really fun game to play with friends that runs through all 6 starwars episodes. Again, just like Zelda, swinging your lightsaber is more just a waggling the remote.

Soulcaliber - I have not had the chance to play this game, and heard that although it was fluid the game didn't respond as well, but thats only from what I have read

Dragon Blade: Wraith of Fire - if you want the best "realistic" swordplay game you can get this will be it. The graphics suck, the storying is horrendous, the gameplay can be repeatitive, but it fullfills that complete action "i am gonna kill everything" arcade style game. The boss fights had good mechanics though. The swordplay takes exact moves, swing left swings left, up swings up, etc.

So as you can see its what your aiming for. If you want a good rounded game, I say Zelda, if you want the most "true" swordplay out at the moment and nothing else matters Dragon Blade would be it, or if its more group fun (the other 2 are one player only), I would suggest lego starwars.

As people mentioned previously, Red Steel 2 comes out in 2008 which will hopefully fix control issues and improve, and in 2008 is Star Wars: The Force unleashed which is touted it will be "the" lightsaber game using the remote to its fullest. Plus you will be able to lightsaber duel in the wii version. If you can wait, I would wait for Star Wars: The Force unleashed.

I heard about that new StarWars game on E3 ,but I have yet to see it. The only game that utilizes the Wiimote as a sword so far is Redsteel. I found the gameplay to be pretty descent. Overall the game is fun and satisfying. Maybe you should give it a try.

Thanks all for the feedback. It looks like I will maybe rent Red Steel and a few of the other and wait for the 2008 releases.

Flanman

What is interesting to me is there is a very simple yet fun --it feels like it would work-- sword fighting minigame in Warioware. So come on devs, do it already!

Dragon blade : wrath of fire is an excellent game. Nevermind all the reviews, there is no flaws what so ever in this game and you wield the dragon fire sword. It has great controls and you do battle with dragons to gain power ups to the sword. I hear red steel is also great.

jjrules352 said:
Wait a minute Star Wars is coming next year with motion controlled light saber batles so i would wait for that elswise an unrealistic game would be dragon blade wrath of fire which soul calibur stole ALL its ideas from
Hey Are You Guys Talkin Bout Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I Think Its Called? Yeh I Heard That It Has Full Lightsaber Control.:yesnod: Fingers Crossed!

zelda isnt that good to me. you dont have to move that much...all i do is flick my wrists....

Back