Best game on a budget?

DarkNghtRJ

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2009
My mom got a Wii because she wanted Wii Fit, so right now I just have Fit and Sports, both I enjoy but I want a...real game. If you know what I mean. Just seems like a lot of games on the Wii are gimmicky and just...bad. Problem is, I don't have money. So I am wondering, what is the best game out there for around $20-30 used?

One game I have my eye on is SSX Blur for $20, I enjoyed Tricky and SSX3 on the gamecube.

To get a feel of what type of game I am looking for, I am 18, male, and I play all types of games. I am very interested in the first party titles such as Zelda, Metroid and Mario but I see those more as a rent because I would probably play them once and get sick of them. Some of my favorite games are Gears of War and Halo, Rock Band and Guitar Hero are good, but wont be buying those for Wii.

If you want to look into my gaming habits more, here are my xbox live and xfire profiles.

http://live.xbox.com/member/DarkNightRJ

http://www.xfire.com/profile/rjcube/

I would like the game to have some good replay value and use the Wii controls in a creative way.

I know I am asking a lot for such a small price, but just let me know if you got any ideas. Thanks a lot.

Try No More Heroes. I've heard it's a good game. Only $20.00

Yeah I have played it at a friends house, I played through around half of it and got my fill. It is a very fun game tho, just dont think it will last after beating it a couple times.

Last edited:
Oh, well If you are on a budget, there aren't many fun games right now. Just have to wait till The Conduit comes out. It's gonna be a great FPS that will be worth every penny. Great graphics, Wii Speak compatibility, awesome concept. Keep watch for it. I can't think of any good low budget games other than No More Heroes.

Yeah I just gotta find a job, and get Gamefly. With the way I play games, there are very few I wanna buy for the Wii.

That might be one I would buy when I have some money. But I did play it like all the time at my friends.

I'll definitely look up that Conduit for future reference.

There are too many good games on the Wii that you can purchase dirt cheap used:

1. Resident Evil 4,
2. Metroid Prime 3
3. Zelda
4. Mario Galaxy
5. Zack n Wiki
6. Excite Truck
7. Okami
8. there are more but these should last you a very very long time unless you have no life

I would like the game to have some good replay value and use the Wii controls in a creative way.

I know I am asking a lot for such a small price, but just let me know if you got any ideas. Thanks a lot.

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition. I got mine nearly a year ago, new, for $30. You might be able to find a better price now.

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition. I got mine nearly a year ago, new, for $30. You might be able to find a better price now.

Excellent suggestion. The Godfather has well thought out controls and offers 40+ hours gameplay.

Other good games that can be found cheap are:
RE:4 (survival horror/action).
Okami (awesome adventure).
Zack & Wiki (point n click puzzler).
Blastworks (shoot em up + construction).
Geometry Wars (shoot em up).

The Godfather and Okami are fantastic games but any of those that i've listed are decent and can be found very cheaply if you shop around (as little as $10 in some cases). There's often good deals on used games too, I bought my son Manhunt 2 ($15) and Red Steel ($5) for Christmas; even though they are not the greatest games they are ok for that price.

Look on amazon for used games. I just picked up mario strikers for $25 and Call of duty world at war for $30 in like new condition.

here are the games i see as having the best replay value that i own:

call of duty - the multiplayer is awesome
mario strikers - fun game with friends
smash bros - fun with friends
mario kart - the online is awesome

as you mentioned, if you want more one player, not online games, go with mario and zelda. you wont beat those in one sitting/weekend and if you do you are spending way toooooo much time in front of the TV:D

also, save up for the conduit as others have pointed out. its going to be the best FPS for the wii hands down. thus far from what i have seen it looks like a cross between halo and perfect dark (n64)

I've also heard that World of Goo (Wiiware) is an excellent game, and goes for 1500 Wii Points ($15)...

Resident Evil 4 is $20 new, highly reccomended. Bully: Scholarship Edition is around $30 new.

RedSteel is supposidly pretty decent. $20 new.

Medal of Honor 2 Heroes is around $30 new and has great online.

avoid SSX blur. its a pain. aim for shaun white boarding insead. even though it costs more.

Back