Best "Having friends over" game?

if u include VC games in ur question u should download bomberman, it's five player because u can use wiimotes and gamecube controllers at the same time
the multiplayer is REALLY fun and the game is like 6 bucks or something

I'd say Rayman or monkey ball or Wiisports (I have all 3)

I suggest Wii sports Tennis, it's been a favorite at my house when friends come over. It's the best way to introduce people to the Wii. My second choice would be Madden NFL 07, but you don't have it, i highly suggest it though. Madden is probably for those who've already played the Wii or have been exposed to it already.

Take advice from the people who has actually played/owned rayman. Don't get it for 4 player mutplayer!

First off. You have to beat the entire single player campaign in order to play anything in multiplayer. (This takes a few hours)

Second. The 4 player mode is terrible. There are maybe 5 mini games where you can play altogetherr, the rest of the time you have to ALTERNATE. For example.. hog racing. One person races a bunch of computers, then once he finishes, the 2nd player goes... then the 3rd, etc. I swear the game developers were just lazy... how hard would it have been to implement a 4 player mode for this mini game?

3rd. Rayman is at BEST a 2 player game. At least there are a couple more mini games where only 2 players can play.

I bought Rayman cuz everyone was saying how awesome it is, and how great multiplayer mode is... but i was really pissed when i found out there are only a handful of 4 player minigames that you can compete altogether.

Yuu said:
Take advice from the people who has actually played/owned rayman. Don't get it for 4 player mutplayer!

First off. You have to beat the entire single player campaign in order to play anything in multiplayer. (This takes a few hours)
i agree with what you're saying here
however, u don't have to beat the whole single player campaign to play anything in multiplayer, everytime u beat a minigame in the single player, u get it for multiplayer
ps. MY 1OOth POST WOOT!

How old are you and your friends? Guys or girls? If guys then i would recommend madden and red steel(on a big screen). If girls or youngins then rayman and monkey ball. Wii Sports for everyone.

Bring this thread to the top, - yeah i searched :)

Just had my wii since saturday...so far i have wii sports, rayman, super monkey ball, and zelda. Monkey ball seems like there are a lot of games for 4 player all togather games. Thats what I want, i want a game that lets all the friends play at once, I do like football games so i think my next game will be madden 07.

Anyone else have different views or opinions?

Wow. You've had the Wii 4 days and have 4 games? I've had sports and Zelda since I got mine(Christmas) and am still not burnt out on sports and haven't even played Zelda much.

I dont own it by myself, but I would say Wario Wares Smooth Moves is the best Partygame so far ^^

But as you're not able to buy it, you should choose Monkey Ball, I guess... The best would be to rent both games for that weekend.

Stupid question because I am sure alot depends on the size of your room - but how tough is it to play with 4 players. Do you have problems with people getting in front of each other and blocking the signals from the wii mote to the sensor bar.

I have a decent size room but still can't imagine 4 of us side by side and not getting in each others way (or smashing our wiimotes into each other constantly).

2 player so far has not been a problem.

I got monkeyball yesterday, but only one wiimote and nunchuck. (still sold out around here) I thought the "alternating" games meant you could pass the controller back and forth, but it looks like you must have to have a second wiimote synched to play *all* minigames with 2 player. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, if someone could compare this aspect to Rayman and WarioWare. Do those games require 2 wiimotes? If WarioWare is the ultimate party game, surely it doesn't require you to pass one wiimote around, you can use 4, right?

Back