Best place to find a Wii, black friday

stuttas21

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2007
i need help. i am looking to buy my son a wii on black friday, but when i go to the online sites for different retailers, they just have in store and online "bundles". right now, my plans are to go to Sam's Club in the morning and get a bundle that comes with 3 games, 2 extra controllers and nunchucks for $500. where else can i find good deals on Wii. Are stores running out of wiis fast, because whenever i go to a store, i never see wiis in the windows. your help would be appreciated.

With the shortages, I don't know that there's one place that's better than another. Personally I wouldn't get *near* any malls, stores, etc., on BF!

The wifey and I wound up scoring ours by checking online at CircuitCity and Toys~r~Us a couple of times a day. Got one for free shipping with a small bundle (Wii, extra controller/chuck + 1 game of our choice).

Best of luck!

DT

It took me about a week to track one down, purchased about 1 week ago in the Bay Area California.

Best Buy: never had any, ever, even on their receiving day. Buddy of mine said they were holding a bunch in the back for BF to get people into their store. There was a letter online along these lines.

GameStop: always sold out before i could get them (they had used ones though).

EB Games: same as gamestop

Toys R Us: Clerk laughed and said good luck.

Target: wouldnt tell me their delivery date, never in stock when i checked.

Fry's Electronics: Only sold as one of several bundles, with no price reduction on anything in the bundle. They also had a stack of about 50 behind a cage in their register area.

I broke down and got it at Fry's with WiiPlay and a Nunchuck as a "Bundle" package.

If the Best Buy thing is true, i expect them to have some on BF, otherwise, GL as its a hot x-mas item.

-Pnuts

Get a Wii on Black Friday? You are a brave soul. I tried a few times ~6 months ago at the local retailers and ended up getting a bundle online from toys r us. Get it online and save yourself the super intense grief of fighting for a Wii. Back in h.s. I worked at Best Buy and had to work Black Friday once...holy crap is all I have to say.

stores do not know when they are getting them in. my friend works at toys r us and he told me on a friday night "we got like 20 in. we're selling them sunday. u want me to save you one? show up in the afternoon." it's up to corperate to decied when they sell them, but have no idea when they come in.

good luck! when you're done eating dinner thursday evening (like 6pm), go to the store and camp out all night. i drove by about 11PM last year and there was a LOOOONG line. 11PM!!!!

aren't gamestop and eb games part of the same store chain?

I tried to get a Wii on Black Friday but couldn't find any. All I saw were tons of people walking out with their Wiis. I got my Wii finally January 16th from K-Mart.

Best buy is hording for the BF holiday crazyness. Also at select K-mart stores they will be selling Wii systems on Thanksgiving. Tommorow. At either rate you will need to get in line for either day very very early..like 2 am.

Best Buy is your best place to find a Wii, as they are holding theres for this Friday.

Good Luck!

yes the Wii is going to sell out fast. be sure to go atleast an hour before the store opens just to almost guarantee yourself one. All the only sites are gonna have different kinds of bundles and some can be better than others. it all depends on what kind of games your son wants or is into. you can find bundles on just about every site. its just if you think its a good deal or not. seems like the one you found is pretty good to me.

Back