Best shooter game?

Chrisie

☆Christian♪
Jun 15, 2011
Ohio, United States
Wii Online Code
8217-1009-7690-0775
I'm trying to prove to my sister that I can get an Xbox 360 or PS3 without having to be a hardcore gamer like she thinks. What are the best shooter games for the Wii? Please keep in mind I'm a girl and I've never played ANY TYPE of shooting game before (I'm more into RPG.) Thanks a bunch! :)

Call of Duty games are always a good choice if you're looking for online shooters. I don't know about Goldeneye or The Conduit (2), but I know they are played online.

Since you didn't say First Person Shooter...
Resident Evil 4. It's Third Person but better than Call of Duty.

I don't really know what first person or third person shooter is. Like I said before I've never played ANY TYPE of shooter game.

Third person has the camera behind the character.
First Person you can only see their arms and Its like you can see what they see.

better than Call of Duty.

What the **** isn't? :lol:

I don't really know what first person or third person shooter is. Like I said before I've never played ANY TYPE of shooter game.

To elaborate on WiiAssasin's description of third person and first person...

First person is essentially seeing through the eyes of whatever character you're playing as. As mentioned before, Call of Duty is this playstyle. Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVNg-h5DRZ8

The video has commentary, and I havn't watched it, so you might wanna mute it. Bunch of senseless gibberish to a non-Call of Duty player anyways, lol.

Anyways, third person is seeing who you're playing as from a different angle, so you can typically see their entire body, and typically their surroundings without having narrowed vision like in first person. An example of this would be the Metroid Wii games. Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_dTNn3XYKU

On that note, I'd definatly recommend playing the Metroid Prime series (the games previous to the one in the above video; Other M wasn't as well recepted as Prime 3) as an introduction to shooters. I can tell ya that playing the often-faster paced shooters with other people online from the get go is pretty daunting. Metroid games aren't notoriously easy, but they're damn-fun, and are shooters.

Last edited:
No problem. :thumbsup:

By the by, here's a list of Wii shooters from gamefly, ranked by popularity.

http://www.gamefly.com/RentalMediaTitleSearch/Browse/?pf=1085&genre=1495

Gotta recommend the Metroid Prime Trilogy again; three great games for barely more than the price of one, so long as you buy it used. $65 for three great games is a bargain if ya ask me, lol. And if that's a bit much, Metroid Prime 3 alone is only like, $20 used these days.

Cool beans :) thanks a bunch. :D Money isn't an issue I have $60 from passing my state graduation test from 10th grade and an early birthday present leftover of $88.

Cool beans :) thanks a bunch. :D Money isn't an issue I have $60 from passing my state graduation test from 10th grade and an early birthday present leftover of $88.

Nice. Go wild, then. :lol:

... ****, I wish I had $88 leftover from anything. xD

Nice. Go wild, then. :lol:

... ****, I wish I had $88 leftover from anything. xD

Lmao I probably will. :D
If you want cash just try and get money from relatives during your birthday or Christmas. (I'm a devious girl. :D) Or do the more practical thing and get a job. Once I turn 16 my family said I'm getting a job so I'm working during vacation. :prrr:

Back