Best Team Setups In Strikers Charged. Plz Share Your Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

runway227

slacker
Jan 1, 2008
Ok just curious as to which teams work best. I've tried at a bunch of different teams and captains but I've had no luck in finding something I can really work with. please share if you have something that really works.

Thanks, Runway227

Well i play with different teams. I play with DK, dry bones, and 2 boos - DK, 2 boos, and hammer bros. - Wario, 2 boos and dry bones - Wario, 2 boos and hammer bros. And i play well with all of them.

Last edited:
jorgelink said:
Well i play with different teams. I play with DK, dry bones, and 2 boos - DK, 2 boos, and hammer bros. - Wario, 2 boos and dry bones - Wario, 2 boos and hammer bros. And i play well with all of them.

fix't

Yeah makes sense but I find it hard to strike a balance since i usually play the same amount of offense and defense. So I find it hard to find something in between

runway227 said:
Yeah makes sense but I find it hard to strike a balance since i usually play the same amount of offense and defense. So I find it hard to find something in between

i don't understand what ur saying

I mean that I find it hard to have a balanced offense and defense

I usually play:
1-Daisy-2x Shy Guy offense, Dry Bones Defense
2-Daisy-Shy Guy & Monty Mole Offense, Dry Bones Defense
3-Daisy-Shy Guy & Hammer Bros Offense, Dry Bones Defense
4-Wario-Boo & Shy Guy Offense, Dry Bones Defense

Team 2 is my usual setup when I play online. Team 1 is what I use when playing 'series with guest' matches online with my friend. Team 3 I rarely use, Hammer Bros to me are just a way to cheese free goals against bad players, especially during laggy games (95%+ of all games), but in a smooth game I find hammer bros to just be bad.

Team 4 is what I use if the other player took Daisy, just because I don't like Waluigi, even if he is exactly the same as Daisy except for the special. I'll take Waluigi if it looks like it's going to be a tough game though based on my opponent's record.

the best way i think is that to have one of each.. u shood look at the sidekicks skillshot is like and what the dodge move is and hav it work like that... tip hav a playmakeer in the bak and offensive or power captain.

captain = wario/bowser jr (whichever you prefer)
left wing=dry bones
right win=toad
defence=birdo

worked wonders for me until i discovered my skill with DK !! btw, a tip with wario is to get his special ability, run into a corner of enemys side of the pitch, and angle hi so hes diagonnol and then let out all his gas ( if u no wat i mean lol) then u shood hav enuff rime to get 5 maybe 6 megastrike shots !

I try and use different teams for different matches (to eliminate any weaknesses facing other teams).
Here's a list of all the teams I use and which sidekicks I have on them:

Captain - Mario
Wings - Shy Guy & Toad
Defense - Koopa

Captain - Luigi
Wings - Hammer Bro. & Toad
Defense - Koopa

Captain - Yoshi
Wings - Birdo & Toad
Defense - Koopa

Captain - Bowser
Wings - Koopa & Hammer Bro.
Defense - Dry Bones

Captain - Bowser Jr.
Wings - Birdo & Hammer Bro.
Defense - Shy Guy

Captain - DK
Wings - Monty & Koopa
Defense - Dry Bones

Captain - Diddy
Wings - Shy Guy & Monty
Defense - Koopa

Captain - Wario
Wings - Toad & Monty
Defense - Dry Bones

Captain - Waluigi
Wings - Koopa & Monty
Defense - Shy Guy

Captain - Peach
Wings - Toad & Birdo
Defense - Shy Guy

Captain - Daisy
Wings - Monty & Boo
Defense - Koopa

Captain - Petey
Wings - Boo & Shy Guy
Defense - Koopa

I'd recommend trying out some of my set ups. They might work for you Runway227:thumbsup:.

Last edited:
i find that the best team is donkey kong, mony mole and birdo on wings and dry bones in defence, you may not score as many goals in the first two cups but if you want to survive in the strikers cup thats your best ticket.

in the strikers cup you need a team with amazing shooting ability as you wil hardly be able to use skill shots because the com defense is so tight.

wild boi said:
i find that the best team is donkey kong, mony mole and birdo on wings and dry bones in defence, you may not score as many goals in the first two cups but if you want to survive in the strikers cup thats your best ticket.

in the strikers cup you need a team with amazing shooting ability as you wil hardly be able to use skill shots because the com defense is so tight.

I agree that a team with good shooting abilities would be good for someone struggling in the Striker Cup, but it all depends on how good someone is at the game.

Myself, I can beat all three cups on Extreme Mode with pretty much anyone. Yes I loose a few matches and have to start a cup over, but hey, I'm not "perfect" at the game :p.

I've recently beat the 3 cups on Extreme Mode using:

Petey (center), Boo & Shy Guy (wings), & Koopa (defence)

I suggest that anyone having difficulty with any of the cups, they should go to VS Mode, and try out different senarios and which teams are best for them. If they want to face CPU players they will be facing in the Striker Cup, I suggest they set the CPU Difficulty Level to 5 (MegaStriker).
I would also recommend that they should practice at the Stormship Stadium stage, since this is where you face the Striker Cup Champ. (If you are beating it for the first time, the champ is Petey, but anyother time, the champ is picked at random from other players).

For those new players of Strikers, remeber, there's no such thing as the "best" team. There is however, the "best" team for a particular person.
There is no set best team in Strikers, the truly "best" team is the one you're comfortable playing with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back