BEST way to avoid red rings and never get them

samXcor3 said:
wait so it has to do with the ventilation of the supply not the system??

Yes. The constant heating up and cooling down cause the motherboard to warp slightly after a while. This causes the RRoD

NeMeZyZ said:
ps3 is garbage

Really ... how?

I have a perfect solution to not get the RRoD ... buy a PS3. :lol:

Not saying its a totally superior system, both have their strong points, the PS3 is just much much more reliable.

That being said, the best way to avoid a overheating 360 is to keep it out in the open where it can recirculate air easier. The plus side of this is that the microsoft loud-noise-making-failure-machine can be more easier heard so you can tell if your system is on or not. :ciappa:

NeMeZyZ said:
not all the xboxes are destined to get red rings, infact NONE of them are, its just a matter of ventilation:mad5: no this doesnt involve towels or clothes or cooling chips or water coolers..simple...just let the power supply breathe. i was hoping to find an article online and it so happens that some guy did the same thing i did here is the link...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=23998153&page=0

or you can get a water cooling system...

watercoolingsystem.jpg

Koolance.jpg

also ..some ppl don't know this, but if you disconnect the a/v cables your GONNA get some rings (4) until you plug it back in..:ciappa:

Having to get a water cooled system for you Xbox is honestly ridiculous ...

NeMeZyZ said:
ps3 is garbage

care to elaborate?

after all the comotion that the 360 is making with the red rings, i might get a ps3 instead. plus, you dont have to pay to play online against friends on ps3... should i get a ps3 instead of 360 (i cant make my own decisions)

Last edited:
PS3 is awsome but has no games and they all suck. 360 has awsome games and they all rock but has a ****ed up design flaw. I say get both.

ya water cooling systems are cool, bu tif u dont know how to install them dont.. cause itll **** up ur xbox

Back