Bestbuy sold out of Wiis... PS3s are sitting on the shelf!

wiicanada

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2006
So I saw a news story on Global news (BC News up here in Canada). They were interviewing a guy live who was sitting in line since 3pm yesterday for his Wii. It was the last shipment Bestbuy was getting before christmas (54 units total). Apparently they had handed out tickets and turned away hundreds of people... The funny thing is they literally have PS3s sitting inside STILL unclaimed! I know I saw a 20GB at Zellers, and passed on it... My brother tells me people have been returning them cause they cant get rid of them fast enough, and people who bought them can't actually afford to keep them. Wiis on the other hand are this years "hottest item" according to the News.

Long live Nintendo!!!!:cornut:

Yeah - Best Buy in Cary, NC had two 60GB PS3's sitting there - they announced it to the whole store and no one went running.

Sony could be in some trouble I think.

They've priced themselves outta the market. People can find $300 for a nintendo and game, but not $900 for a ps3 and game... Its a shame cause ps3 is awesome, my brother has one.

I walked into Costco last night, greeted by an entire pallete stacked with $700+ PS3 special bundles. The electronics guy was standing behind it with a smug look on his face, like he was so bad ass because he had PS3's. But it didn't look like a single unit had been sold. Tool. I had to laugh.

THink about this. When all the colors come out for the Wii, it is going to drop to $200 dollars (hopefully!). Think abou the amout of people buying then. If people are just buying the Wii because of the price, this will be a huge insentive

I have a 360 and just got the Wii - I got both for the price of the premium PS3.

Why anyone would not see that as a better deal is beyond me.

djrich2000 said:
I have a 360 and just got the Wii - I got both for the price of the premium PS3.

Why anyone would not see that as a better deal is beyond me.

Well, if you're in it for just the gameplay you're right... The problem with 360 is it can do everything a PS3 can, but u have to buy HD drives and such which ends up making it more expensive. If you want a tv based computer, ps3 is the way to go. If you want innovative gameplay, it's Wii. If you want Halo 3, it's xbox360... Its just that simple!

Same here....my local WalMart have 3 PS3 60GB for 3 days now. And people are still calling every 15 minutes for Wii's shipment info. I'm glad I just found mine yesterday at a Music World. :yikes:

Ya my local best buy had 12 ps3 just sitting around looking for a buyer. Ps3 is a waste of money better to buy a 360 or a computer. Wii is the best

Lol, this is so funny to hear. :lol: Sony made such a mistake going too big too soon. Ppl jut aren't ready to commit to a DVD player they don't need and a price too big.

Ya the wii si so cheap many grandparents are buying it. When i was in line to get mine 90% of the people in line were grandparents. Its cheap enough for them to buy. I have a ps3 and its not worth 600. wii is cheaper and much more fun.

system32 said:
Ya the wii si so cheap many grandparents are buying it. When i was in line to get mine 90% of the people in line were grandparents. Its cheap enough for them to buy. I have a ps3 and its not worth 600. wii is cheaper and much more fun.
That's another reason it will sell more, good point. :D

The Wii is just plain better...it must be admitted. If i'm correct, didn't IGN say that the Wii is the best out of the 3 consoles and that it will win this gen?

ekosix said:
I walked into Costco last night, greeted by an entire pallete stacked with $700+ PS3 special bundles. The electronics guy was standing behind it with a smug look on his face, like he was so bad ass because he had PS3's. But it didn't look like a single unit had been sold. Tool. I had to laugh.

Lol. You know here in Chicago, I went to Game Crazy and they also had a PS3 bundle. But for the 60 gig pack they wanted $1200 :eek:ut: Where as my boss at work bought a Wii bundle for $500. He got a extra controller with nunchuck, Twilight Princess, and a SD card. The Wii bundles sold out more than the PS3. I also heard that some of the PS3 lineup games were actually disapponting. Is that true? If so, thats gotta be a sting to Sony.

Back