Better cords = better graphics?

Bat

WiiChat Member
Dec 23, 2009
Hi, I just got a Wii today. Now of course I don't expect the graphics to be like the other consoles, but it seems the colors are alittle washed out and just generally not that sharp. I have a LCD wide screen TV and have it set to wide screen and I also tried the other 4:3.

If I bought different cables would the graphics look better? The new Mario Kart just looks bland and I would imagine the graphics would look at least as good as the Gamecube.

Sorry if it is a dumb question.

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

Using component cables will allow you to use 480p (the "HDTV" setting) instead of 480i, which will result in a better picture. They are sold separately.

Is it a noticable difference? Thanks for the response!

however buying fancy expensive component cables will not produce a better picture.

however buying fancy expensive component cables will not produce a better picture.

So you mean don't bother with the Monster cables and just get the Wii brand ones?

Do graphics really matter... I mean its not like its stick men drawings...

Do graphics really matter... I mean its not like its stick men drawings...

Ahh stick men... I miss my Atari 2600...

s_Outlaw_1.png

just got the wii.. i have a 50" plasma 720 and not using the component.. I have a separate reciever and I heard that the wii component cable w/audio can not be split very far to use with a different reciever... any solution? also, my picture currently has a slight vertical wave that pulses kinda in the background ... is that because it is not set to 480P? thanks

I noticed this as well with both Guitar Hero 5 and NFS: Nitro. Is there a way to improve graphics without buying something extra? The graphics on my Gamecube games that I play in the Wii are a lot better graphics-wise than actual Wii games.

just got the wii.. i have a 50" plasma 720 and not using the component.. I have a separate reciever and I heard that the wii component cable w/audio can not be split very far to use with a different reciever... any solution? also, my picture currently has a slight vertical wave that pulses kinda in the background ... is that because it is not set to 480P? thanks

You can use regular left/right audio extension cables to get the audio signal to your receiver if it's too far from the tv connection.

Not sure about the wavy effect, that doesn't seem normal even with the regular composite cable. Is it always there (at the main Wii screen and in all games)?
It's possible it's an artifact of the TV upscaling the 480i signal to 720p for your TV, but it almost sounds more like interference of some sort, but it's hard to say without actually seeing it.

You can use regular left/right audio extension cables to get the audio signal to your receiver if it's too far from the tv connection.

Not sure about the wavy effect, that doesn't seem normal even with the regular composite cable. Is it always there (at the main Wii screen and in all games)?
It's possible it's an artifact of the TV upscaling the 480i signal to 720p for your TV, but it almost sounds more like interference of some sort, but it's hard to say without actually seeing it.

yeah its always there... especially when you see black... kinda looks like a wavy curtain... its a panasonic plasma... picture is great without the wii...lol...I'm going to try and reroute the cables.. thats the only thing I can think off.. until I get the component ones

get component cables. any of them will do, whether cheapy brand for $10 of the more expensive nintendo ones. if anyone tells you that the more expensive ones are better, just say yup, and walk away. i got mine for 5.99 from HMV a couple years ago.

Back