Better cords = better graphics?

IMHO If you have component IN's on your TV they are the best to use. Got a WII for the kids for Xmas that included BOTH the Standard and Component cables. I have a 42" Plasma and switched "back and forth" quickly between both setups and found the component cable's display to be "better".

Hints:
Component cable with "widescreen"(480p) selected on console is best performance.

If your TV has a "GAME MODE" of "Movie Mode" setting that also helps color and contrast.

Also, some TV's have an "up convert" feature to increase resolution of lower res. signals. TURN THAT OFF for the WII.

MATCHING the output to what the TV expects as input is ALWAYS best.

BTW, again if you have component "IN's" the component cable is DEFINATELY worth it!!!

i just got one (component) from gamestp, but there is no color, res is good though. I also noticed that the HDTV setting option wasn't available... Is it a system issue or a faulty cable?

I ended up getting some Rocketfish cables at Bestbuy for 25 bucks. I see a pretty large difference in actual "in game" difference. The menu's and my Mii look pretty similar but the graphics in Mario Kart for example are much for viabriant and sharper.

Definitely worth it.

I don't remember the name brand but when I bought them they were clearance for 10 dollars at target.

Targert sell the moster cables for 24.95 i think is that a decent price?

Monster brand cables are almost always overpriced, no matter what kind of cable it is. If they really are that price, however, that's $5 less than the Nintendo component cable.

forget target, monoprice is the new bestbuy:papermario: Yeah i ordered 2 of them one for my nephew and one for me. Looks good.

Last edited:
For those of you reporting that you aren't noticing better graphics with component cables, you must go into your Wii's settings, and change them to WIDESCREEN 16:9, and under RESOLUTION, make sure it's on 480P

There is a difference, and if you aren't seeing it, you need to change your settings. They still aren't incredible graphics, but they are better than the regular composite (red white and yellow) cables.

x19921921389132891739 on MonoPrice. Those cables are great quality and great price. Shipping is usually free and only takes 2-4 days. I buy ALL my cables for everything from them. An HDMI cable at best buy is like $69.99, the very same cable on MonoPrice is $3.

Do not get ripped off on these cables, the mark up in stores is legal robbery.

Wow, I just got the cables from target two days ago. I wish I knew about monoprice before.

Anyway, I have it all hooked up bit now I notice a realy bad lag in response time with the wiimote. I've been trying to figure this out but can't find any resolutions. Has anybody else had this problem or heard of this problem and a resolution.

Wow, I just got the cables from target two days ago. I wish I knew about monoprice before.

Anyway, I have it all hooked up bit now I notice a realy bad lag in response time with the wiimote. I've been trying to figure this out but can't find any resolutions. Has anybody else had this problem or heard of this problem and a resolution.

Some HDTV's have input lag. Which means that the TV takes a little bit of time to process the signal before outputting it to the screen. Watching regular TV like that is normal because it's not interactive and you don't know there's a slight delay. However with video games it can be a problem because if you press a button, you expect to see it have an immediate affect on the screen. Many TV's have game mode or some other mode that cuts out most of the picture processing to help reduce input lag. There's more information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_lag

Back