Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

Yeah they are all good just not long enough

does anyone know what the age level of the games are... is it good for young kids (2nd grade) or are the problems to difficult?

I would say around that age having only played a little bit let's see second grade that would be 8 or 9 well that might be a little young but like the one guy said even the hard ones aren't hard and if s/he isn't a gamer s/he shouldn't have a problem doing it on easy

has anyone actually got the game yet? if so how does it play on the wii, i loved it on the ds, im just a bit hesitant on getting it for my wii.

Paid $40 for it at Circuit City - June 13, 2007

Have played it once.

The game uses Mii for the user, but you can add your own. This is great because my Mii on Wii Sports also hold my Wii Sports Age. It would be nice to have the Mii channel show all this information. Initial setup of a user is quick if you already have a Mii.

The graphics are pretty basic, but it's more like elementary. They fit well with the game and are not distracting. I did a practice round on easy for each of the 5 different areas. You can select 1 of 3 types of games for each of the 5 areas and there are three levels, Easy, Medium, and Hard.

The only annoying thing is going thru all of the "talking" the little noodle guy does after you complete a game. The controls are basically point and click and are accurate and easy. The "Help" for each game is simple and straight to the point. If you get 100g brain you win a bronze, 200g brain you win a silver, 300g brain you win a gold. If you get over 400g, which is rare, you get a platinum. I got one platinum and a bunch of silvers, with a couple of gold and a bronze, because I was trying to do something else and play at the same time.

I decide to go take the test, just for the heck of it. I did not know that the test is not based on which levels you have completed in the practice. So, some of the Hard versions of the games came up and made it a little more challenging. I ended up with a "B-" score and like 1400g brain weight. 700g is the average for a first time player. Since I got most of the games correct, speed was the main factor for not scoring higher.

I got the game to keep mental sharpness. My grandfather died suffering from Alzheimer's. I believe that one of the major causes of Alzheimer's is lack of mental challenging as you get older. My grandfather was a doctor and retired earlier than he really needed to. After traveling the world with my grandmother, they pretty much didn't do anything that would mentally challenge them for the decade before he was diagnosed. You might have heard that this game for the the DS Lite has been a big hit with senior citizens. I can see how this game would keep your synapses firing. Currently my parents are stilling working through retirement, but they would probably enjoy playing this game.

I also got the game as another multi-player game I could play with friends and family. Hopefully I will have a chance to test that out this weekend.

I would recommend this game if you are the type to keep up your Wii Sports Fitness age and want something to also keep up with your Brain Weight. I will probably also get Wii Health when it comes out.

LoganSix said:
Paid $40 for it at Circuit City - June 13, 2007

Have played it once.

The game uses Mii for the user, but you can add your own. This is great because my Mii on Wii Sports also hold my Wii Sports Age. It would be nice to have the Mii channel show all this information. Initial setup of a user is quick if you already have a Mii.

The graphics are pretty basic, but it's more like elementary. They fit well with the game and are not distracting. I did a practice round on easy for each of the 5 different areas. You can select 1 of 3 types of games for each of the 5 areas and there are three levels, Easy, Medium, and Hard.

The only annoying thing is going thru all of the "talking" the little noodle guy does after you complete a game. The controls are basically point and click and are accurate and easy. The "Help" for each game is simple and straight to the point. If you get 100g brain you win a bronze, 200g brain you win a silver, 300g brain you win a gold. If you get over 400g, which is rare, you get a platinum. I got one platinum and a bunch of silvers, with a couple of gold and a bronze, because I was trying to do something else and play at the same time.

I decide to go take the test, just for the heck of it. I did not know that the test is not based on which levels you have completed in the practice. So, some of the Hard versions of the games came up and made it a little more challenging. I ended up with a "B-" score and like 1400g brain weight. 700g is the average for a first time player. Since I got most of the games correct, speed was the main factor for not scoring higher.

I got the game to keep mental sharpness. My grandfather died suffering from Alzheimer's. I believe that one of the major causes of Alzheimer's is lack of mental challenging as you get older. My grandfather was a doctor and retired earlier than he really needed to. After traveling the world with my grandmother, they pretty much didn't do anything that would mentally challenge them for the decade before he was diagnosed. You might have heard that this game for the the DS Lite has been a big hit with senior citizens. I can see how this game would keep your synapses firing. Currently my parents are stilling working through retirement, but they would probably enjoy playing this game.

I also got the game as another multi-player game I could play with friends and family. Hopefully I will have a chance to test that out this weekend.

I would recommend this game if you are the type to keep up your Wii Sports Fitness age and want something to also keep up with your Brain Weight. I will probably also get Wii Health when it comes out.

thanks Logan, very helpful, im pretty sure i'll be getting it now.

Back