Big issue for me (using a projector)

resd00009.jpg

resd00010.jpg

Wow, the comments here are quite astounding. I'm not sure how this classifies as showing off. Its all about attitude. I'm not rubbing it in. I've worked hard to afford what I have and it is what it is, nothing more. Thank you to the people that made positive comments. To everyone else, I'm sorry you feel that way, but whatever.

Last edited:
id just like to find out.,
how many people agree with what i just said?

I do not, initially this thread was to try and solve a problem in a particular setup, seeing that setup is a big help in that regard. There is also a big difference between showing-off and being proud of something you've done and wanting to share it with others.... to the audience they may both look the same, especially in a forum where a lot of inflection/context/etc. can be lost in the pixels, but the its the attitude of the presentation that matters.

imahawki: I like the improvements since the original pictures, a home theater is going to be my first project once i finally get settled into a more permanent place.

just one suggestion though, maybe start a new thread in the lounge at the next update since we haven't really discussed the initial problem since the first few posts and then if people don't want to talk about the home theater they don't keep seeing messages pop up in the wii chat section about it

Thank you for the comments and suggestions phimuajedi69. To get back on topic, here is how I HOPE to solve my problem. I have a wired IR system going to the back equipment room. When I ran the wire, I ran phone cable with 4 wires but the IR repeater system only uses two wires. I presume the Wii Sensor bar will use two as well. If that is the case, I will cut the Wii Sensor bar wire and splice in the additional two wires from my phone cable. Splice in at the back of the room with the end that connects to the Wii and viola. Someone suggested something at another forum that kind of sparked this thought and it is my current "keeping fingers crossed" best bet to solve this problem.

You are definitely right about "tone" being lost in translation on forums. I am proud of my room but my first pics were to seek help and my second set was due to the interest some people showed in the room. I certainly didn't mean to show off and I apologize to those who think I was.

Lets get this thread back on track please.

The subject is potential issues with the Wii and home projection systems, as far as im concerned imahawki posts are in relation to the thread.

Sweet

nice setup, i hate you...

ALso i dont think he was showing off, just shwing us the weird seaker thingys in case u r intrested, which i was.

Now all u need to do is get some imbeded speakers (in the wall i mean) lol

also about the orignal post, i think that ir extention cables will be available. also i think someone said why didnt they make the bar bluetooth, well... it would take yet another set of batterys, would lag the controls up and is pointless for most people.

phimuajedi69 said:
just a little off topic thought, but you will prolly have the same problem with the ps3 since sony mimiced the gyro sensors in their controls (if you planned on getting one)
Actually, both the Wii and the PS3 use gyro sensors, which transmit via RF signal to the console, the sensor bar on the Wii is strictly for the pointer. The gyro sensors can pick up on exactly how the controller is moving, but they don't know where it is located in relation to the screen, enter the sensor bar

It should be noted that many people don't think the gyros in the PS3 controller are NEARLY as sophisticated. For the PS3, this was an afterthought and I expect it to be fairly gimmicky vs. being integral to gameplay as it will be with the Wii.

Back