Miami
Wii Online Code
8829-6844-1117-2743
I have three tv's...
a standard 27 in tv
a widescreen lcd 32 inch
a widescreen plasma 42 inch

I have played mostly on the 27 inch
and I just bought the plasma and I played last night with some friends until 6 in the morning, but for example, when playing baseball, we had to swing earlier than I used to do in the 27 inch... and for the wii play the shooting game, it was more difficult to be more accurate in the plasma 42 than in the 27 inch or 32.. the 32 inch I only play it once but I was pretty sure it wasn't as hard as the plasma... for example my high score in the shooting in wii play in the 27 is 498 and since I started play on the plasma the highest is

anyone else having the same problem??

hmmmmmm thats deff something strange, however i know in the settings you can change the TV setup on the wii. like theres a setting to make it standard or HD??? i think thats the correct lable-ing is it HD? i just know there is a setting.

man that was helpful wording. god i hope someone can better elaborate cause i just cant seem to find the words! i just know that i saw the setting the other day when i was fiddeling around with it

Michael Hardman said:
I thought that the bigger the TV the further back you need to stand.

that is very true, the bigger the screen, the more you have to move back... so try moving back... it will help... its says in the safety time its better to play on a smaller screen so your eyes wont get hurt....

Well I've gotta chip in here and say that moving back makes no difference - I play using a 103" dvd projector and my gf has my 44" rear projection and I've noticed no difference playing wii sports, cod3, redsteel etc... the only game that bugs out is rayman which tends to cut out over 3 meters away and you get a message on screen...the only real difference moving back will do is for your eyes as previously mentioned!

I've back, made no difference... and my setup is on widescreen.... the only big difference is on the shooting game on wii play

Could it be that the plasma has a built in scaler that is taking the 480p input and up-scaling it to the screens native resolution. If that's the case, then that can cause some time delay. BTW...when using the plasma, make sure the burn in protection is turned on in the Wii.

lechonlubber said:
Could it be that the plasma has a built in scaler that is taking the 480p input and up-scaling it to the screens native resolution. If that's the case, then that can cause some time delay. BTW...when using the plasma, make sure the burn in protection is turned on in the Wii.

I have it on... thanks ;)

I don't know but its difficult on the plasma...

any suggestions on control bar sensitivity level I should use??

Mau said:
I have it on... thanks ;)

I don't know but its difficult on the plasma...

any suggestions on control bar sensitivity level I should use??
I've noticed that as well. I have a really large TV, than a smaller than really large, but still large (don't know the measurements :p); when playing tennis on the really large, it was harder to control the timing on the ball, however, when playing on the smaller than really large I played much better. Same with b ball and boxing (the difficulty of throwing the different punches decreased on the smaller one).

ssbb_lover said:
I've noticed that as well. I have a really large TV, than a smaller than really large, but still large (don't know the measurements :p); when playing tennis on the really large, it was harder to control the timing on the ball, however, when playing on the smaller than really large I played much better. Same with b ball and boxing (the difficulty of throwing the different punches decreased on the smaller one).

is the really big one a plasma tv???

you guys aren't crazy. it has nothing to do with standing far or close. it is the TV themselves. Your small TV's are most likely some form of tube TV's. These definitely seem to run faster with video games. Although plasmas and LCD's look better, they definitely have a very slight bit of lag. you'd probably only notice this if you were comparing the two.

I have a 52" tv I didn't find it easier or harder to play on a smaller tv or on my 42" plasma

ilikecookies said:
I have a 52" tv I didn't find it easier or harder to play on a smaller tv or on my 42" plasma

because they are both big.... try to take the wii to someone that has a 27 inch standard tv... when you do let me know, because if it is... nintendo has to do something about it... better sensor bar or controler... who knows...

Mau said:
because they are both big.... try to take the wii to someone that has a 27 inch standard tv... when you do let me know, because if it is... nintendo has to do something about it... better sensor bar or controler... who knows...

did you read what i said? its not the sensor bar, or the controller. a plasma tv is slightly slower on gaming consoles. it'll have a slight bit of lag.

Back