biggest dissapointment ever !

Untitled01

WiiChat Member
Apr 24, 2007
First I thought it would be bad, then I seen videos and thought it woukd be good. but I played it, and it is PATHETIC compared to PM 64 and PM TYD. the other storylines were sooo much more in depth. and yu could travel on a world map instead of havin to go bak to a chapter to visit. there were different towns and places and the story had so much more depth and the RPG is so much better.

I just hope that for the next one they will go back to RPG, to 3-D enviornment, to normal chapters (instead of hitting a star block and having it being explained to you how yu got to the random place) and back to finding a hammer, and back to normal funny/fun party members ! and hopefully using the nunchuk instead of that horrible controll scheme.

Opinions ?

PS: I also hated flipping everywhere i go to make sure i didnt miss anything, 3d is so much better

What you've stated is all an opinion it's your ideas and they are not very common

Untitled01 said:
First I thought it would be bad, then I seen videos and thought it woukd be good. but I played it, and it is PATHETIC compared to PM 64 and PM TYD. the other storylines were sooo much more in depth. and yu could travel on a world map instead of havin to go bak to a chapter to visit. there were different towns and places and the story had so much more depth and the RPG is so much better.

I just hope that for the next one they will go back to RPG, to 3-D enviornment, to normal chapters (instead of hitting a star block and having it being explained to you how yu got to the random place) and back to finding a hammer, and back to normal funny/fun party members ! and hopefully using the nunchuk instead of that horrible controll scheme.

Opinions ?

PS: I also hated flipping everywhere i go to make sure i didnt miss anything, 3d is so much better

I have to say this is not a must play for me, I gameflyed it and I have only played about an hour of it total in a week. I have some XBOX 360 games that are occupying most of my time and also Twilight princess as well.

I have to agree on some of those, such as Mario having the hammer again. he needs to have FP and Partners again.

I'm sure I will get mad over flipping into 3-D a lot, but the game seems fun.

Yes Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door has a VERY good storyline and shows how a game's story should be made. In Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door you never know what to expect, and you'll find suprises all throughout the game.

I respect your opinions on the game.

I honestly think that SPMario and Tiger Woods are the best games on wii right now. I was in a funk, kinda getting tired of my wii already (no flaming about starving children in china please). My friends made fun of me for never playing it!

Super Paper Mario is a fun game. I dont have hours to sit down and play games now cuz im a 20-something old geezer. I would not be interested in a mario RPG in the least bit. Not just that, we all thoght there was TOO MUCH talking and cinema scenes (if you want to call them that). I really just wanted the craziest mario bros game ever made, and they pretty much did that. Really impressed. The 3d to 2d idea is really fun. Im impressed with the graphics.

AND MOST OF ALL, my girlfriend who doesnt give a **** about video games will actually come home from work late at night and want to play Super Paper MArio! THATS AMAZING!!!! A real bonus for me. (she ends up making me play her game anyways)

It's not supposed to be a true RPG game. That is why I think some people are disappointed at it. When you add platformer action to a game like this of course it's going to be less indepth. Personally, I like Super Paper Mario because it is not a true RPG. I don't have 200 hours a week to sit down and go through every detail an RPG would require.

I've always liked Mario 2-D platformers. don't get me wrong, I like all the Mario games if it's a 2-D platformer, 3-D platformer, Mario Party, Mairo RPG games, they're all fun.

I got Super Mario All-Stars and I've been playing that a lot on my SNES.

Don't get Super Paper Mario if you're looking for a full out RPG. Expect a lot for a platformer game

I actually really like this Paper Mario. Sure, the first one was good too, but I think that I'm having more fun with this one.

Yeah, the storyline on this one is pretty lame, but whatever. It's Mario, I don't need the story to be great.

Hardly a disappointment for me.

I think you could have begun to play the game with the wrong mind set, that it'd be like the other games. Maybe if you enjoyed it for what it is you'd like it more.

Same thing happened with Super Mario Bros. 2 America, people detested the game because it was so drastically different from the original Super Mario Bros. It's different, but at the end of the day it's still a good game.

I'm glad companies like Intellisystems(sp) are willing to take risks rather than stay on the safe side with the same old.

Back