Bioshock

paintba||er said:
When it first started I thought it was still in a movie scene and I was waiting for it to continue.

yeah that happened to me a couple of times during the demo :lol:

very cinematic experience overall.

Supposed to be amazing but not seen it myself.. However I will buy it without knowing and enjoy it for ages i am sure!

paintba||er said:
Ya, I just played the demo too. It is awesome. It looks amazing too. When it first started I thought it was still in a movie scene and I was waiting for it to continue.
same here. the graphics of it amazed me. even on an SDTV. i cant wait for tuesday! just have to try and beat The Darkness before then

EDIT: omg. my friend already has it! too bad he lives 5 hours away :(

EDIT2: turns out some Toys "r" us are selling them. call yours up and check. mines not :( also you can get it for 20% off with the coupon on their site:
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255956
however it can only be downloaded once so dont open it unless your gonna print it

just called my local toys r us and asked:

"i was calling to see if you guys have a certain video game in stock.."

"you callin bout bioshock?"

"yeah that's it!"

"nope, it'll be available august 21st."

i wonder what's goin on here... :shifty:

well a few stores have been selling it b4 the release date (shady if u ask me), but i heard that they have now stopped as take two caught on 2 it.

u c, too make sure the release date is met, they shipped it ahead of time. also downloading services (such as steam) already have the game, and u can buy it and download it, but it will be lock until the 21st.

also i heard u can now buy advanced copies on ebay for 150 $ upwards. personally, me, who has been waiting and desperately checking for new details whenever i got the chance for the past six months, am willing to wait.

glad to hear that the demo is good. I only have a pc with a badass graphics card, so im still waiting

rodent said:
well a few stores have been selling it b4 the release date (shady if u ask me), but i heard that they have now stopped as take two caught on 2 it.

u c, too make sure the release date is met, they shipped it ahead of time. also downloading services (such as steam) already have the game, and u can buy it and download it, but it will be lock until the 21st.

also i heard u can now buy advanced copies on ebay for 150 $ upwards. personally, me, who has been waiting and desperately checking for new details whenever i got the chance for the past six months, am willing to wait.

glad to hear that the demo is good. I only have a pc with a badass graphics card, so im still waiting
they didnt so much stop (it was toysrus selling it) they sold out and they wont be getting new shipments till the games release date
oh god ign gave it a 9.7 4 more days....

Last edited:
paintba||er said:
I played it again, and once the effects of the amazing graphics wear off the gameplay isn't that great. And with no online I can't see myself buying it. I will probably just rent it.
the game has a robust single player, you should look more into it. you can craft items, make custom ammo, pimp out your guns, "level" up your character. think of it as the way RE4 shouldve been. (conserving ammo/horror/the works) this is the main reason im buying it. To me, the RE series now goes: RE0, RE1, RE2, RE3, Bioshock, RE5(maybe).

Sovieto said:
the game has a robust single player, you should look more into it. you can craft items, make custom ammo, pimp out your guns, "level" up your character. think of it as the way RE4 shouldve been. (conserving ammo/horror/the works) this is the main reason im buying it. To me, the RE series now goes: RE0, RE1, RE2, RE3, Bioshock, RE5(maybe).
Ya, but I'm one of the few people that doesn't like RE........

Watched the boyf play the demo this week.. it's SO scary.

Being the girly little wimp that I am I made him turn it off lol >.<

But
it's one good game and I love the special powers =]

I have played the demo about 10 times through. It just doesnt get old. Bioshock doesnt have muliplay so that will kill its chances of beating halo 3 for game of the year. This looks like it could be the best FPS game every made.

Back