Black Box Game Mode Discussion

LmaoAtYou

GOLDENEYE GIRL
Jan 5, 2012
United States
Wii Online Code
5892-7476-5635-5639
I saw that there was a 'Team Conflict Mode Dicussion', but not any of the other modes. I have been waiting for a while for the person to create the other ones, but he never did. So, I thought I'd create this one as this mode is my favorite.

What's everyone's favorite part in this mode? Which 'role' do you like playing the most? Do you like carrying the black box, or shooting at it?

That's awesome, Andrew. I like carrying the black box; a bit more challenging. :)

Do you have a favorite map on which you play BB in?

I like to play on jungle in general. Lots of options there, and it's a big open map generally i like to get a view that can cover most of the map then snipe from there, same with other open maps.

Great now y'all know how to kill me. :(

LOL, Andrew. That's pretty awesome. :)

I've had some nice matches when playing BB. I hate, however, in Jungle, when you are carrying the BB, and go underneath the stairs, one of your other team mates likes to go in there with you! It's like, "do you mind?!" I like to have room, and 'eject' the box in case I need to. *sigh* Most of the time, it's newbies too... I guess they don't know any difference! ;)

Though it's not my preferred game mode, I do enjoy a match every now and again. I usually set up a specific loadout for it so that I'll have a wolfe or kunara as my secondary when I pick up the box due to me usually having about 3 multitask loadouts, but usually when I play I am in a party and didn't have the right loadout to be as effective as I can be (looks at tampa), but again there are certain other play styles that can dampen the fun of the mode mostly masty spammers but occasionally I run into people who either download almost all of the data or nearly destroy it and then just get as many kills as they can and finish when there are about 10 seconds left. Anyway, played with a good team and a worthy opposing team can make it a hectic and fun game mode, especially when you win or lose when it would only take one more shot or an extra 3 seconds of download time to win the match.

Farming and spawn locking are both extremly easy when playing BB, which makes it a great mode to gain exp. A trick on jungle for an easy spawn lock is to grab the box as Janus, then take it to the rocks above console 5. When MI6 swarms the box, you can easily snipe them from the MI6 spawn area, and as long as none of the Janus people ever go to the rocks, they'll keep spawning there. There are also easy spwan lock locations on maps like Outpost, Docks, Memorial, etc.Another great way to play BB is to go for pure objective (ie: no kills at all). Works best when Janus, since you have to be sneaky to get the box without killing anybody.

It will always be shooting at it. I hate it when I always have to carry it since I get killed each second I carry it. At least when your shooting it you have RTM's and Proxies surrounding it :p.

I personally like being the bb carrier, and squatting down with it all the way in the back into the tiny ventilation shafts in Facility. Mines and grenades can't get you, and it drives the other team absolutely nuts trying to get past your teammates and squeeze into the tube to get to you. 99% of the time, it's a guaranteed win if you can get the box in there! Very amusing as well to throw mines and grenades just outside the opening as well!

Personally when i pick up the box i prefer to help the team defend the box while carrying it, and snag a few extra kills. It's usually not hard to do with a kunara as a secondary;).

Andrew: Yeah, I can see why someone would like to defend the box instead of carrying. For some reason, I like carrying and trying to move the box to a safe place. I wish there were new places in maps where you could hide. It seems like everyone goes to the same places...

Joined a BB game in progress in Jungle yesterday and the MI6 team was just watching the damn thing waiting to pick off anyone who would attempt to grab it. It's is correct to conclude they either A) don't understand what they're supposed to do or B) are just farming? Worse yet, my MI6 team didn't seem to be doing anything to recover the box. After a couple failed attempts to get the box of the walkway I finally cleared the campers at then end of the walkway and finally got the box off the walkway.

Bottom line, if you're trying to have a meaningful game of BB it's best to get a team together who 1) know the point of the bloody game and 2) know how to work together (hence the existence of clans). Otherwise it's mostly futile to attempt to play BB with random people not to mention that half the time the host quits anyway.

Back