Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Black Ice - A new Bond game for the Wii?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by herbius, Nov 4, 2007.

1. herbius

herbius WiiChat Member

This may be good news for some of you...

I am planning a game codenamed "Black Ice" for the Nintendo Wii. My intentions are to get the game's storyline and details planned out fully, then send them of to Activision and see if they will make the game for me.

My friend has a Wii and one day we were talking about how cool it would be if Nightfire was ported to the Wii's platform. At the time there were no Wii shotters out (none that I had seen, anyway), and I was thinking how cool the Wii remolte would be for aiming and stuff.

So, typical of me, I go do something about it.

I have asked around on the NF forums (http://nightfire-clan-forum.freepgs...start=45&sid=50f339d34da56111fcef57a7a80841a5) for opinions of good things/bad things about Bond games, seeing as there has been so much controversy about them. If I get enough good factors, I can combine them into a game plan for Acti to make and possibly create the best Bond game ever!...

...Or so I hope. :)

Don't get your hopes up just yet because I haven't even finished the planning. However, I hope Acti will take me up on this offer, it's not like I'm asking to be paid or anything, they'll get all the money out of it. :)

Introduction (M's briefing):
    Any comments, or especially suggestions, are much welcomed. It can only make it better! :)

2. Mr Money

Mr Money I LIKE MONEY AND THE WII

bolton, survivor of the outbreak in Racoon City!
    Wii Friend Code: 2750-8731-4798-5755
    2750-8731-4798-5755
    ok.........
    i dont think activision will make this!
    sounds good though:D

3. herbius

herbius WiiChat Member

You've got to be optimistic though. Stranger things have happened... :D

4. ssbb_lover

ssbb_lover Novocain Stain'd

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    There are some things you could word better, such as eliminating one of the back-to-back "lights" in sentence #2. But, I don't think it's that bad. I don't play Bond games, so I can't jump all over you or praise you for anything, but yeah...not bad.

5. Squall7

Squall7 A li'l bit different

Wii Friend Code: 8420-0141-9022-6948
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Erm, I hate to tell you this, but any games companies, film directors etc... Will not even look at unsolicited material like this. Not even if you said you didn't want any money from it. Companies these days are REALLY scared of being sued.

I used to dream about making a computer game, coming up with ideas and even going into character development and even sometimes the logicistics of a game (heck, even made a formula that would be the damage in an RPG).

The best way to go about getting a game idea, is try to work from the bottom of the gaming industry to the top. It means years of work, it means getting lucky and getting a position in a games developer (there's a fair few around, even in the UK - Rare, Free Radical, Team 17 etc...) and you also have to be good at maths.

Once you're part of the "team" you should be able to aproach what will be your bosses and submit your game idea then.

Either way you go, I wish you good luck.

6. herbius

herbius WiiChat Member

Light...light. See what you mean :)

I'll change it soon but I've just been invited onto NF. lol

7. ssbb_lover

1234-1234-1234-1234
    Demorilization FTL.

However, that would be quite an interesting way to live your life, if you like math.

8. Squall7

8420-0141-9022-6948
    Nope, just realistic.

As someone who has been in his position, I feel that *metaphor* believing in santa is not as constructive as putting on some weight, a white beard and a red suit yourself */metaphor*

Besides, I'm willing to bet that developers get sent tonnes of game ideas all the time.

9. ssbb_lover

1234-1234-1234-1234
    Ha, I was actually going to say "Realist FTL", but that's not always a bad thing, so I said what I said.
    Mmm, I might try another metaphor there, Squall. I've seen you debate for over a year now, you can come up with better than that. ^^

10. Squall7

8420-0141-9022-6948
    Lol. You wanted to portray me as "bad"? Meh.

1. I don't usually like to use metaphors unless appropriate. In fact, I usually like to break down metaphors, as they're often used to cover up the facts.
    2. I used the metaphor of santa because it was appropriate: A fantasy that you have as a kid that has to be broken down in order to understand the world better.
    3. I used the santa one also because it's a character that brings gifts and happiness to people, but more importantly, that you write your christmas list to (i.e. write to about what you'd want). If you can be a "santa" yourself, that means that you're bringing gifts and happiness to others, which is a more realistic idea.

I stand by my metaphor, but I can think of others if you prefer...

11. ssbb_lover

1234-1234-1234-1234
    No, I was just pointing out what I was going to say, but I went against it. I agree with you and we're friends, I'm not attacking you or anything.
    It's not like it's necessary for me to live, so I think I'm fine. ^^

12. MRCOOLGH

MRCOOLGH Naruto Uzumaki

hey pretty good

Very, very good herbius do you mind if I make a story out of this?

13. JAKE196

JAKE196 Cogito Ergo Sum

don't port nightfire that game's old as ****, the GC version works on the wii so it would be kinda stupid.

I would love a bond game on the wii though i liked a couuple of them on the GC.

14. herbius

herbius WiiChat Member

MRCOOLGH: No problem at all.

Squall: Do you think, being 14, that I don't know what the real world is? Or, for that matter, that I believe in Santa? I do know what I'm doing here, I just thought it might benefit some people if we do eventually get a Bond game for the Wii.

Ayway, I'm not giving up just yet. Hell, I've written all this, do you think I'm not going further?

As for the company thing, I'm thinking ambitious (again) and I'm going to design my own operating system in later life. I KNOW it will take a lot of effort, time, expertise and luck, but I love computers and I'm willing to go there. So, I won't be able to make this game myself...probably.

Right, now feel free to criticise me some more. :)

15. Squall7

8420-0141-9022-6948
    You do get the point of a metaphor don't you? I wasn't saying that you still believe in Santa. And quite frankly, at the age of 14, no you do not know exactly how the world works. To be honest, nobody ever does fully. However, a 14 year old knows less about the world than a 22 year old.

Fair enough. Though you're noway near even the middle (in fact, it sounds like you've got 3% of the game done). There's a lot of work needs to be put into a game, and that's not counting the fact that it were miraculously possible to submit game ideas to a company, chances are, you'd be really upset if they changed any of it. The more you create, the more it becomes a part of you, and the less you want anyone else messing with it.

Fair enough. Feel free to pursue those dreams. And once more, good luck.

16. Maximo

Maximo Wii Fanatic

Wii Friend Code: 0558-5461-4916-6731
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    wasn't there a game called Black Ice last gen that got canceled?

17. Nookslave

Nookslave WiiChat Member

My stupid friend went walking on the lake near my house when it was frozen over. I told him it's not fully frozen, you can still see the blackness of the lake. He said it was just black ice. He fell in.

Bill Engvall: "Here's your sign."

18. iggypop

iggypop WiiChat Member

19. herbius

herbius WiiChat Member

I do understand. I do have more experience than the average 14 year old, but I'm not saying that I know more than someone 8 years older than me.

That is definitely something I do realise. I know that there is a hell of a lot of work put into every game, and that's why I decided to try to send it to Acti: they have the facilities and the time. I know they probably won't take any notice of me whatsoever, but I'm going to make sure I prepare everything to optimum standard so I can maximise my chances.

Also, I do know that what I submit, if it is made, will not be exactly the same in the end product. The company has a right to change some of my ideas if they don't like them, and that's something I was already counting for. Even if I just inspired them to create some sort of good game without any of my original ideas in there, I'd be happy.