Black Screen Anyone???

SoNCSU95

WiiChat Member
Jul 1, 2007
I just got the Wii about three weeks ago and haven't played it much. I downloaded some classics...Donkey Kong, Pac Man, Galaga, and Mario Bros. With ALL of them, the screen is black when the game is going on. If I hit the home button, everything pauses and everything is visible. As soon as I resume play, the screen goes black again. I've emailed customer service. The online support only addressed having a black or white screen all the time. Everything else works fine...Wii sports, everybody votes, the news channel, the internet, etc... I can see everything but these four games in play. Anyone else experienced that problem before?

That is definitely a problem. The only thing I can think of is a error occurred while the games were downloading but I wouldn't really know. I would eagerly await a response from the Support team.

sounds like a big prob no its never happend to me before have you tryed erasing the games and redownloading them

I looked to see if I could re-download them. Is that possible without having to buy them again?

Make sure the TV is on. I had the same problem but realized the screen was black because I forgot to turn the tv on.

HaHa. As I said, while the game is in play and the screen is black, I can hit the home button to pause the game and everything appears...including the paused game in the background. TV is on. :eek:)

If you already bought the game you can re download it for free so you should try doing that.

yeha just try calling them. That sounds like a pretty big problem. But if Nintendo's service is as wonderful as I've heard, you've got absolutely nothing to worry about. So don't panic! ^_^

Back