Blank screen

Maxiedge

WiiChat Member
Mar 5, 2007
Firstly a big hi to everyone on the forum.

I tried the search but could not find anything relating to this.

I changed my Wii settings from 50hz to 60hz(480i).

However, my LCD tv (Philips PF9986) did not like this and all I have now is a black screen. I can still hear sound from the menu system but cannot see the icons to change the setting back. I've tried taking the power out and resetting (is that the only hard reset you can do?).

I basically think I need to completely reset my Wii. does anyone know how to do this or any other advice?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Im not sure if you can reset your Wii, look around, maybe it says it somewhere in the manual, thats weird, maybe you arent plugged in propperly, or completely. Check your cords and see if theres a number you can call for Wii troubleshooting.

Sup Wiibrendon, hay send me a friend invite. ^.^

Sure, Ill do it as soon as I get home, all add yours, =]
You watch WWE? Thats cool I used to, but I have to work too late now, =[ I miss it whenever it comes on...
Fav move. Backflip Uranage Slam
Fav wrestler. Tripple H
Smackdown! or RAW. RAW

You will have to power down the box and also remove the system battery leave if off for a few minutes this should restore the sytem.
You may whan to try and connect it to a old type tv.
Hope this helps. This is how you would restore a PC.
Good luck.

Yeah, what kind of TV do you have, maybe it doesnt support it...

No, just checked. I need to change my screen setting back to 50hz somehow.

hmmm, wow, this IS a prob...maybe you need to...has your wii worked before this?

Are YOu Using A Component Cable? If So, Turn I Back To The Normal Cable And See If It You Can See It Well Enough To Change It Back.

Tails McCloud~ said:
hmmm, wow, this IS a prob...maybe you need to...has your wii worked before this?

Yeah it's been working fine. I've decided to take it round my mates house later today and use his TV and Wiimote to put the setting back to 50hz. It's the only thing I can think of other than tampering with the Wii battery which I don't want to do.

Thanks everyone for your help.

There is a way to do this and its in the manual. I don't remember how, but I'm sure I have read it in the Wii manual

There is a way to do this and its in the manual. I don't remember how, but I'm sure I have read it in the Wii manual (how you can reset to the default 50hz mode)

Back