Blazing Angels Reviews

FWELR

Bonds Passes Hank 8/7/07
Feb 17, 2007
California
Wii Online Code
5926-3597-6847-7270
here, let's try to post all our thoughts about this game here:
the ONM gave it a 70, as im sure you are all aware of by now, so what do you think?
personally, no online means im waiting for heatseeker.

I don't get why people keep downing games because of no online play... Even official sites take points off for no online.

Until there is atleast 1 online game I see no reason to use this against a game.

But I'm not getting it, it's only an average game yet heatseaker may actualy be good. I'll buy heatseaker if it is, but I also heard it's short so a rental might be more appropriate.

StevenNevets said:
I don't get why people keep downing games because of no online play... Even official sites take points off for no online.

Until there is atleast 1 online game I see no reason to use this against a game.
there are many, many online games. sites don't give ratings compared to other wii games, they give them ratings compared to all other games. online playability is a major factor today, why shouldn't they dock points for a lack of an incredibly key gaming component?

FWELR said:
here, let's try to post all our thoughts about this game here:
the ONM gave it a 70, as im sure you are all aware of by now, so what do you think?
personally, no online means im waiting for heatseeker.

What makes you think heatseeker will have online?

stewart01 said:
What makes you think heatseeker will have online?

i don't, but i really like modern planes and want to be a pilot when i grow up, either commercial or military. im just saying that the only way id get blazing angels is if it had online, and since it doesn't, i probably won't get it.

FWELR said:
i don't, but i really like modern planes and want to be a pilot when i grow up, either commercial or military. im just saying that the only way id get blazing angels is if it had online, and since it doesn't, i probably won't get it.

Buy microsoft flight simulator. its actually quite accurate according to a friend who was pilot training.

stewart01 said:
Buy microsoft flight simulator. its actually quite accurate according to a friend who was pilot training.

is that pc, 360, regular xbox, what? cause my pc has a crappy graphics card, plus i don't have a joystick, so that might be kinda hard... what are the specs on that game, do you know?

callme.nasty said:
sites don't give ratings compared to other wii games, they give them ratings compared to all other games. online playability is a major factor today, why shouldn't they dock points for a lack of an incredibly key gaming component?
Okay... So Zelda should get an 8 for horrible graphics compared to the 360.
Gears of War didn't use motion sensing and should get points off for that.
DS has even worst looking games then the Wii.

Game ratings should have everything to do with systems and their limitations in mind.:drool:

The fact is Wii doesn't have online-play enabled yet (or atleast no games have had enough time to add the features in) and that created a limitation that should be excused for now.

could be the fact that blazing angels is already online for the pc game.. they are probably comparing it to that... which the game itself is fun but the online play makes it great... one of the only pc games i play now...

I picked it up today (wii of course). I playing it for about 40 minutes, mostly head-head with my son. I did play a bit co-op dogfighting.

Graphics are good enough (through component cable, not composite). Sound it good to figure out where the planes are coming from.

Aiming is a bit trajectory shooting, but not as much as would be in real life. In other words, you have to lead your target.

You can't stall, but you can crash. You can even run into air explosions that happen when you really trash an enemy.

Flying with just the Wiimote is cool, but I wish they had included rudder controls. I haven't tried the nunchuck mode yet.

All-in-All I'd give this a 7.5/10. I also give Tigerwoods a 9.5/10. But I give CS1.x a 10/10, so I have a wide range of games I like.

StevenNevets said:
Okay... So Zelda should get an 8 for horrible graphics compared to the 360.
Gears of War didn't use motion sensing and should get points off for that.
DS has even worst looking games then the Wii.

Game ratings should have everything to do with systems and their limitations in mind.:drool:

The fact is Wii doesn't have online-play enabled yet (or atleast no games have had enough time to add the features in) and that created a limitation that should be excused for now.

yes, if you'll notice on ign, zelda did lose points for bad graphics. i never said it had to lose 2 points, i said it should lose points, because the Wii is entirely capable of creating incredible graphics. Gears of War wouldn't lose points for motion sensing because that is something that is strictly Wii. But online games are something that has been out for years, and every system has the capability.

ratings on a place such as ign are not temporary ratings. they're ratings. when you go look at them two years from now, you're gonna realize, wow, this game had no online? that really did hurt the game. and this is why they keep this in mind while doing ratings.

StevenNevets said:

But I'm not getting it, it's only an average game yet heatseaker may actualy be good. I'll buy heatseaker if it is, but I also heard it's short so a rental might be more appropriate.

the reason is because of replay value

Back