Blockbuster

torontowii

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2008
Blockbuster(What would you do?)

if i rent a game and want to buy it after from blockbuster can i?and how much would it cost?

ex-if i rent a game that in stores is 50 bucks and i rent it for the usual price and want to buy if after will i have to pay the full price to add up to 50 bucks or do i pay cheaper

also

do you NEED a blockbuster card to rent a game?

IF the answer is no then:
do you need a blockbuster card to buy a game after renting it

Last edited:
I believe you do need a card, which by the way is not that difficult to get.
And basically you just keep the game past the due date, and pay them the remainder to add up to the total price.
This is what I've experienced though, and may not be the same for you.
Smartest thing to do would be ask them.

You can buy games from CERTAIN Blockbusters. Just look for a "Buy it" sign. rentals are usually $8, and the game's usually cost $54.00

shouldn't it count as a used game though seeing how many people have used it before
and what about buying accessories,do i need a blockbuster card for that

To purchase accessories from them you don't need a card. It is just when renting items that you do.

ok,what accessories for the wii do they usually have?like component cable,nunchuck ect.
if i directly buy something i dont need a blockbuster card?

torontowii said:
ok,what accessories for the wii do they usually have?like component cable,nunchuck ect.
if i directly buy something i dont need a blockbuster card?
This is something your going to need to ask them, or maybe search their site.

As Prez said, if you want to buy a game you rented, just keep it over the due date and proceed to pay the full price. I did this with Custom Robo for my GC and I only ended up pay $16 for a great game. :)

1.theres no late fee though so if i keep it after a certain date won't they ban my card or something

2.what if they just sell games to buy at the store,do i need a card

Prez said:
Smartest thing to do would be ask them.

You are a genius! :yesnod:

torontowii said:
shouldn't it count as a used game though seeing how many people have used it before
and what about buying accessories,do i need a blockbuster card for that
They do offer used games. It is your choice, but I would suggest you do not buy products from Blockbuster. Why you ask? Well they are a company based on renting... they mark up the price tag to pull in more $money$ from all other products. Look at the price of all the impulse buying items near the register. That single pack of popcorn they sell for what $3(guessing), at your local grocery store that same single popcorn will be the same price for at least a box of 3.
Shoko said:
and the game's usually cost $54.00
I am not sure if the above^^ price is exact, if so that is probably not including tax. Blockbuster will sell new games for $5+ over the normal price you would pay for same game from Gamestop/EB, or stores like Walmart/Target/Kmart.

torontowii said:
the site says nothing about directly buying anything
It may not give you the exact info your looking for, but...:idea: there is a great tool they do let you use on that site. The Store Locator is your friend. Use it to find the nearest Blockbuster to you. When you find it, write the phone number down. Then proceed to ask your silly questions to the Blockbuster employee. Ask for the Manager if you must to get the Official Information.

To me the OP seems young, nothing wrong with that. Might have some trouble getting a membership card, parents may need to do that for ya. If this is the case you probably would need to wait for a ride to get to Blockbuster. An then hope they have the game you want to rent/buy in stock.

There is an easier(can be) way. Gamefly offers you to rent games with no additional/late fees through the mail. Can keep I think up to 2 games out for as long as ya want, and even que yet to be released games to try them out asap after they are released. One catch though, you will need some form of paying an online bill. Parents come in hand there.

I don't get this thread. Why would you buy ANYTHING from Blockbuster? Do you not have stores in your town? Not even a Wal-Mart?

I suppose I could see buying a used game from them if it's really cheap; however, you can probably do just as well at Gamestop or eBay.

And why in the heck would you want to buy accessories from them? They're not going to be any cheaper than any store but rather probably more expensive. But even if they were the same price at Blockbuster, why buy there?

Moral of the story: Buy your games from real stores and rent your games elsewhere. Anyone that does business with Blockbuster is a sucker. They are an insane rip-off.

i found out at blockbuster i can trade in 4 used games and i can get a free game worth up to 70bucks so im gonna try that

torontowii said:
i found out at blockbuster i can trade in 4 used games and i can get a free game worth up to 70bucks so im gonna try that

Wow. That's a supreme rip off, unless you're trading in four really terrible, really cheap budget games.

Atomheart said:
I don't get this thread. Why would you buy ANYTHING from Blockbuster? Do you not have stores in your town? Not even a Wal-Mart?

I suppose I could see buying a used game from them if it's really cheap; however, you can probably do just as well at Gamestop or eBay.

And why in the heck would you want to buy accessories from them? They're not going to be any cheaper than any store but rather probably more expensive. But even if they were the same price at Blockbuster, why buy there?

Moral of the story: Buy your games from real stores and rent your games elsewhere. Anyone that does business with Blockbuster is a sucker. They are an insane rip-off.

I used to buy a lot of used Gamecube games from Blockbuster. Sometimes Gamestop was cheaper and sometimes Blockbuster was cheaper. You never know until you look. I don't go the eBay route that often because I can't look at the physical medium before I purchase it. I've rented a couple of times from Blockbuster but the rental store nearer to my house is cheaper. I would think the bigger sucker would be the person who lets a few preconceived notions get in the way of finding the best deal. Blockbuster is usually a rip-off but not always.

And on an unrelated note, the reason you have to pay what a new game would cost when buying a "lost" rental is that the rental company is charging you the replacement cost of the item. Sure it's used now but when they replace it, they're going to be getting a new copy for the replacement.

Back