Blue light by disc staying on, is this normal?

Ironford

WiiChat Member
Oct 23, 2007
I never noticed this until now, but it seems after i shut the wii down a while latter the blue light around the disc slot will come on and stay on, any reason for this?

i don't have wifi at home, only when i bring it to work to download games, but i did have messages from playing galaxy this morning i didn't bother to check, so i guess it will do that until i check it?

Are you playing Wii Sports or Mario Galaxy? Some games send messages to the message board when you meet certain achievements.

ya its normal, it means you have just recieved something most of the time, it can be turned off in the wii settings if you wish

ah cool i had this problem but i wasnt concered if the wii still worked its all hood yes i said hood dont you guys watch teh snoop dog show sheesh

oh man, I was so worried that my wii was breaking down. That seems really unusual that Nintendo would choose to have the wii light blink so irradicly(?). If it were up to me I would have made it blink uniformly and actually make it look like it was meant to do the blinking, instead of flickering like the light is burning out.

I was actually worried that my wii was pissed at me for spending all my time with my new PS3 ;)

Thanks for the great responses, it allways amazes me that I can actually come to wiichat and find my exact issue on the first page without even having to search. Kudos to the wii community.

thank you thank you i know i am great

"I was actually worried that my wii was pissed at me for spending all my time with my new PS3 "
LOL wii's dont have feelings silly

Back