Blue light doesnt live on

i was watching yoshi's live wii playing thingy and he said every time he gets a message from a friend of the wii, the light fades in for like a second and fades out.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

if your that bothered about the blue light just do what I did, disconnect it, & take a power feed off one of the other LED's, they need very little voltage to run this, yea it voids the warrenty but I don't really care, if you take a feed off the power switch (like I did) then the light goes off when the power LED goes to red or orange. For those who are interested I'll post pictures

****Edit****

Was thinking abotu this more & found some Schematics (curtosey of pablot of sickmods).

The LED's are fed through a 12V supply through a 300ohm resistor, fuses on each pin for protection. Basically what I am getting at is that if you ground it will cut out the PWM signal from the CPU & send an allways on signal to the LED's. if you look at the schematics on the link below & follow this then you will need to ground at TP52.

For those of you that know anything about electronics yes this means you will loose the protection of 1 fuse BUT this shouldn't matter as you've just grounded it anyway :D

I am going to try this when I get back from work later, I'll take some pic's & let you all know how it went.

Happy Hacking!

Schematics

[CNB]

Last edited:
why would anyone want the blue light on ALWAYS? for bling factor?!? The Wii is a video game console, not a fashion accessory. If the light were always on, there would be no way to notify you of incoming messages. In a way, the Wii has a blue ray drive. A blue ray of light that comes from the media slot

Wii-bert said:
why would anyone want the blue light on ALWAYS? for bling factor?!? The Wii is a video game console, not a fashion accessory. If the light were always on, there would be no way to notify you of incoming messages. In a way, the Wii has a blue ray drive. A blue ray of light that comes from the media slot

Well why wouldn't you?

Some people like the blue light, Same reason I have a Falcon Northwest Fragbox with 2 blue cathodes inside to illuminate the insides.

Yea it's a fashion thing, but why not eh?

I like the blue light. I also reckon it'll look better when I've painted my Wii orange.

Pics of the light allways On mod on the way, started it tonight will post when done.

[CNB]

1st dont paint it thats just dumb.... make a silicon skin, 2nd with the light always on the led will eventually die and you wont have a light at all which is why nintendo should release replacement sensor bars into stores, those 2 little led's are only gonna last so long

also it's like a 3 month old topic... let it die in 2 places there is almost a month between posts ffs

Wii17 said:
also it's like a 3 month old topic... let it die in 2 places there is almost a month between posts ffs
:mad5: Flames! any need to be like that?

Why make a silicone skin? they look crap, you don't get the same effect as a nice paint job, As for replacement sensor bars they are to be made available or you can do what I did & make it wireless & just replace the LED's.

The LED's in the sensor bar & the drive bar surround are rated at 100,000 hours & the LED's are available from any good electronics store like Maplin.

As for this post being old, so what! I happen to of only just got my Wii as i live in the UK & since I seem to work 24/7 at the moment don't have as much time as I would like to search forums in search of answers, some people might want a n answer to "I want my blue light on all the time" I did, thats why I posted my answer to the problem here.

yeh but by using that sensor bar doesn't it count as voiding your warranty as it's 3rd party, as does painting, you can't get a painted wii replaced coz it's painted, if it's not OEM specs they won't replace it they will blame the modification i.e. with painting they could say the problem was caused by overheating because of the paint. . . bad idea then your warranty is void and wii is shot. btw skins do not look crap i have seen quite a few nice ones for the gamecube flames, lightning etc and if you dont care about warranty wait for a replacement case as avalable for 360's like a clear one or an orange one or whatever or just leave it the way it is, the white is good enough

oh and as for flaming that is not a flame if i called you a f***** retard for wanting to do it then thats a flame

Yea it's a fair point, sensor bars have already been made available from nintendo as a spare so if mine dies then I'll buy another one, I'm fully aware of what entails voiding a warrenty, I don't think I've bought a processor, graphics card, console or any other piece of gaming equipment where I havn't voided the warrenty within the first 6 months.

As for painting I, I reckon a silicone skin is more likley to over heat the console than an acrylic based paint. I've searched for Wii skins on the net & none of them actually look any good all of them leave a white border around the side & front panels of the console & look some what "cheap" & take away from the simple design of the Wii. it's like taking a Ferrari & putting a halfords body kit on it.

Lastly I'm not 100% sure but I think you may have ready my post incorrectly the first time, I refer to

Wii17 said:
... which is why nintendo should release replacement sensor bars into stores, those 2 little led's are only gonna last so long

When i said about my allways on hack I was refering to the LED's surrounding the Drive Bay, not the sensor bar. The sensor bar LED's, technically they are in an allways on state anyway as you can power on the console from the remote.

yes i was just saying that they might not live long either as they are always on. wii sensor bars are available from nintendo but not from stores and i dont like buying stuff online. and yes skins available are cheap chinese crap i said make 1 or wait for a better one/case replacement

aye well i live in the arse end of no where work remotly & can't be arsed to drive 20 mins into birmingham, find a parking space wherte i ent gonna get my car robbed & then find a viynal printer who speaks a little more than pigeon english & hope he prints the right thing!

Back